Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Is this my allergies to cause me to be under the weather or

Is this my allergies to cause me to be under the weather or a cold coming on?
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.
I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

What are your present symptoms?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you have running nose with pain in throat?
Are you passing green phlegm?
Do you have post nasal drip?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am passing phlegm but it's weird the last two days my head has been in a "fog" it's like a i have a cold but the air is dry at my work place, drinking plenty of water. I just want to be sure it's just allergies and not a cold.

Dear Allison, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

It sounds that you have been suffering with viral flu, or it can be a allergic reaction due to overactive immune system.
Viral flu is usually associated with body ache, fatigue. Such symptoms may take a few days to appear.

You can go for Steam inhalation , You need to take a bowl of hot water, and put 2 tsf of salt in it. You can also put menthol in it if you have some. Inhale the steam that rises from the water.

You can drink a glass of warm lemon juice daily.You can suck on hard sweets ,the saliva trickling down the throat will be soothing.
You can take Motrin tablet for pain.
You should Improve your immunity by taking a multivitamin multi mineral supplement.

You can take Antihistamines like Alavert 10 mg once daily (OTC) to get relief from allergy symptoms.
Kindly follow these measures, and most likely such symptoms would get resolve in 4-5 days.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would a hot cup of tea help with honey?

Allison, Yes honey would be useful for your condition.
Hot cup of tea along with honey would be useful for improving your symptoms.
Do take Antihistamines like Alavert 10 mg once daily (OTC) to get relief from allergy symptoms.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I take zyrtec for the allergies but somehow the allergy fight is harder than the previous year.

Allison, I can understand your concern and worry for such symptoms.

You can take Decongestants like Sudafed 120 mg once daily(OTC), Also use Otrivin nasal drops, 2 drops three times daily in both nostrils(OTC). You can use these medications for next 4-5 days.

Menthol steam inhalation would also improve your condition.
It sounds that you may have a viral flu attack, with allergic symptoms and usually such symptoms would get resolve by its own in next 4-5 days.