Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

DR. RICK ONLY-: I had my epidural today....

DR. RICK ONLY-:
I had my epidural today....

RickMD :

Internal medicine internship in NYC with two decades of clinical experience. I am online and available to assist you today.

RickMD :

Glad to hear that you got it done today. You should start to feel relief right away. As to how long it will take for you to feel better for real? That is hard to say.....

RickMD :

But, at least for the near future you will be doing much better. :)

RickMD :

Take care and let me know how things progress

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Dr. Rick-:

Thanx for the answer....i only WISH you had a crystal ball!!!!

I am having a good feeling about this...already i have experienced some relief, and it is EARLY yet!

My husband has been doing the "washing out of the eye" thing you suggested: you know, washing his eyes out in the shower w/baby shampoo, the hot, wet compresses, the Thera Tears drops--and is VERY happy w/the results--Problem IS, he STOPS once he feels better, then "it' comes BACK....As a GUY, what do you suggest i tell him to have him make this part of his everyday routine???? Thanx-and i'll be in touch re-the shot and how i am doing.....

I appreciate it that you actually CARE.

~M~

The site has been down all day :(

I have a crystal ball but it seems to be broken at the moment :)

I'm glad you are already feeling much better..

Since your husband is doing so well using my advice does that mean you are going to mash the excellent feedback button twice ;-)

You are not going to get him to do it everyday....guys don't do things that are in their best interest each and every day. It is against "The Code" Sorry.

It is, as always, a pleasure to chat with you. Have a good evening.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can't mash the "YOUAREWONDERFUL Button until i am further along in the "shot" process--sorry (but you will prob'ly get some extra $$ for next year's snowblower gas at the end of It all)!

My husband says he follows The Code religiously, and sends you a Virtual Secret Handshake.

That is OK....I am working on getting my wife a second job in the afternoon so money won't be so tight :)

I'm enclosing a reply VSH for your husband....

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hubby thanx you....

....And I thank you for letting me keep this message Open.

Today i kinda "sauntered"
around Walmart (yep, we ALL have to watch our pennies!)-walking TO the store was OK, but the stop-start of shopping made my thigh hurt.....so i am a LITTLE discouraged....

Sounds a lot better then it was before though....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, that is true....

I've figured out that at least for now, "Sauntering and Shopping" are not good for "it--"Hubby will be molto pleased!!!!

I seem to do better when i walk continuously, w/o stopping--standing is OK, as well as sitting(but i cannot sit for too long, i don't THINK!)(but that may just be me)--

I have to keep my eye on the positive....

'Will keep in touch, if you don't mind....

I look forward to it....

Have a good weekend
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Dr. Rick-:

So far, so good!!!!

The thigh pain is significantly BETTER....tho' i have not done a whole lot of walking, as per doc's orders(he said to "take it easy," so i AM 'til after Fri, when it will have been 10 days since the shot--)....So you can see i do not believe in The Code!!

I am also on an anti-inflammatory, Voltaren-2 a day-and plan to stop at the end of the day on Friday.

I am just afraid that after the Voltaren is over, the thigh might get worse....or the shoulder go back to how bad it felt....'Am enjoying how i feel for now....

Madeleine,

I think you will be fine after stopping the voltaren...if not, start it back up....It won't kill you :)

I was wondering if there was anyway I can get credit for your pain free state instead of the doctor who gave you the shot ;-)

I'm very glad to hear that you are doing so much better.

Have a good night.