Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Just wondering what kind of treatment is recommended for the

Just wondering what kind of treatment is recommended for the following MRI result:
L4-L5 central disc herniation indenting the anterior thecal sac contributing to mild central canal and moderate bilateral neural faraminal stenosis. Degenerative disc disease primarily at the L4-L5 level manifested by disc space narrowing, disc dissiccation, and discogenic vertebral endplate changes.

I have been in severe pain since the injury date of 5/19/12. I have tingling to both my feet and I am unable to sit without pain, which I believe is a s/s of pudendal neuralgia. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Hi. I am online and available to help you. Thank you for your patience.

What pain meds have you tried so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Percocet, Ultram, Dilaudid and Naprosyn.

Thank you for that extra information.

Sorry about the site being down for most of the day. Once we chained the engineer to his chair and started a small fire under it he managed to get thing up and running again lol!

If the pain medication is not working for you and physical therapy didn't offer you any relief then it is probably time to make the jump to surgical intervention.

The good news? There has been great strides made in this type of surgery, including the use of artificial disks and micro surgery.

Here is a very good article on this topic from a trustworthy source:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00534

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC