Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I have been taking Xanax for anxiety. I slowed down on taking

I have been taking Xanax for anxiety. I slowed down on taking it, then ran out. My blood pressure changed. The diastolic and pulse got too low -129/65 pulse 58 or 161/60 pulse 59.started taking Xanax again. Now BP normal.
Also pulse 77. Is that what anxiety can do?

RickMD :

Internal medicine internship in NYC with two decades of clinical experience. I am online and available to assist you today.

RickMD :

Hi Mg,

Anxiety can have a large effect on blood pressure. This is very common.

RickMD :

When you noticed that your diastolic BP was lower, were you having any other symptoms?

Customer: My pulse was the lowest of any time in my life. I have just found out that my cholesterol is 321, I have started taking Pravaststin.
RickMD :

As long as you are feeling OK with the xanax, there is nothing to worry about. The numbers for your diastolic BP you have posted are OK.

RickMD :

That is a very good cholesterol drugn

RickMD :

RickMD :

I would suggest you continue with your xanax and if the noises in your ear continue, discuss them with your doctor.

Customer: My energy has returned since taking Xanax. I also have Fibromyalgia and Meniere's disease for the past 12 years. I was thinking the noise in my right ear could have something to do with the Meniere's
RickMD :

Yes, that is possible.

Customer: Ok, maybe I shouldn't run out of my meds
RickMD :

I understand that sometime that can be difficult but, yes, try to get a refill when you have about a weeks supply left.

Customer: But what about my low heart rate?
RickMD :

That pulse rate is well within normal limits. Nothing to worry about. Mine is 61 right now and I am a fat old man ;)

Customer: Thank you Dr. Good bye
RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

My pleasure. Have a good day.

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS