Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Doc. I recently seen my family dr.in philadelphia. I explained

Doc. I recently seen my family dr.in philadelphia. I explained to her that my neck swells up everytime I eat. She examimed me and said its my parotid gland swollen due to salvia secretions when I eat because I have an infection. So she ordered me a z-pack. That didn't seem to work. It stop swollen up for a few days then started right back up. I told her that it didn't stop so she ordered me cipro 500mg x2 daily for 10 days ..I only have a day left of the medicine and my next swell up today even worse. Plus It seems like I always have light sore throat..anyway. now I am on vacation in florida and I am not going home to see her anytime soon..what do you think is wrong with me and what should I do or who should I see if anynody. Thanks for your time. Anthony from philly
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 11 months ago.

RickMD :

Internal medicine internship in NYC with two decades of clinical experience. I am online and available to assist you today.

RickMD :

You most likely have a stone causing a partial blockage of your salivary duct. This is called sialolithiasis.

RickMD :

Treatment involves locating and removing the stone, by any of a number of methods.

RickMD :

To answer your question directly, you need to see an ENT doctor. I am sure they have them in Philadelphia.

RickMD :

The antibiotics will not cure things until the blockage is removed.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
RickMD says:
11:11 PM
11:12 PM
11:13 PM
11:14 PM
11:14 PM
11:15 PM
Does this make sense to you?
11:15 PM

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
..