Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I had my legs stretched far aport spanning a couple of rock,

I had my legs stretched far aport spanning a couple of rock, when I took my right leg off to step up to my left leg, there was a feeling of a rubberband snapping. I sucessfully walked back down, two miles, slowly but I made it. there was a little swelling in my left calf, it is sore to any pressure just to the right of my shin bone about 1/3 of the way down from my knee. When I walk it is painfull when I raise my heel as I step. Can you tell me what I did and do I need any further action other than rest and an ace bandage? I did go to a clinic where I talked to a doctor and he told me very little other than to see my doctor when I got home, sold me some crutches and an 6 inch ace bandage.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Internal medicine internship in NYC with two decades of clinical experience. I am online and available to assist you today.

How long ago did this happen?

Where, as exact as you can be, did you have the feeling like a rubber band was snapping?

Are you limping?

Does is hurt to bend your knee, move your hip or move your ankle?

Does it hurt to walk? Sit? Stand? Squat? etc?

What were you doing when this happened? were you carrying a backpack? If so, how much did it weigh?

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Do you take any medications?

Do you have any medical problems?

Have you recently been on any antibiotics etc?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

6 days-----I am not sure, bnut it was in my calf----yes----no--- when I lift my heel to step----just walking, no weight ------6f 2i 230 lbs---- blood pressure/high bp--------no----no

Thank you for that extra information.

It sounds like you may have stretched or partially torn a tendon.

At this point, you could treat it with elevation, rest and ice. I would bet that this should improve on its own with time.

If, by next week, there is no improvement or should things get worse, you should consult with your doctor.

Does that make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC