Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Hi Dr. Rick! I just received your follow up and thought Id

Hi Dr. Rick! I just received your follow up and thought I'd ask you another "silly" question. What is the best way to quickly heal blisters? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
I have hiked thousands of miles of back country trails over the years and have tried all sorts of treatments for blisters. Of course, in my case I had to keep walking so rest, changing shoes, etc was not an option.
Whatever you do, do not pop them. If they have popped on their own, no big deal....
What I found works best is to put a small piece of moleskin ( http://www.drscholls.com/products/MoleskinPlusPadding ) over the blister and leave it alone.
The instructions say to cut out a hole so the blister is not covered...but I don't think that works.
If the blister pops, keep it clean and dry and try to protect the area from further irritation, either with moleskin, new shoes or sitting around on the couch ;)
The good news? No one has ever died from a blister lol!
Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS