Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Ive been on c-pap for my sleep apnea for 4 months. Ive had

Customer Question

I've been on c-pap for my sleep apnea for 4 months. I've had the full face mask the whole time until I went for a follow up with the pulmonologist and they decided to try me on a bi-pap, so last week i had another sleep study and actually tried the nasal mask with chin strap for the first time. The full face masks, I had to pull so tight, they literally made my face bleed, I love the nasal mask. Every morning I check my AHI on my machine and it's always wonderful, under 1.0. I'm a big mouth breather and my chin strap has fallen off the past few nights. My AHI is still showing great. My question is this, if while I have the nasal mask on and start to mouth breathe, will the machine record an event? Last night it said 0.6 which is usually what it says roughly, so it's picking up something. I just want to make sure i'm doing well with it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

I'm glad to hear that you have had such good results with the change frrom full mask to the nasal plus chinstrap....

Customer:

Hi Dr. Bray

Anthony Bray MD :

It sounds that you are in very good shape with the change and have nothing really to worry about..

Anthony Bray MD :

The machie will interpret your breathing rhythm and pressures....

Customer:

so if i'm sleeping, and start mouth breathing and have an apnea event, it will be recorded?

Customer:

I figured if it happened, with the rush of air when my mouth opens, i shut it again when i'm sleeping

Anthony Bray MD :

Yes if you have an apnea even then this would be recorded...

Customer:

wow, then i'm doing just as good on the nasal, i'm so glad to hear this

Customer:

What area of medicine are you in?

Anthony Bray MD :

I'm happy that you are having such a good realut as well! I'm glad this has offered such a good result for you...

Anthony Bray MD :

I am in Family Practice>> middle of everything really!

Customer:

Yes, much less intrusive than the full face mask.

Anthony Bray MD :

Yes it is good to relieve you of the need for overtightening that facemask...

Customer:

Well, I will try to hold all the other millions of questions! Thank you for your input, it was something I had been wondering about for the past few days.

Anthony Bray MD :

OK well let me kknow now or in the future if you do have further questions >> I will be happy to get back with you!

Anthony Bray MD :

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much apprecited! Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the field of Family Practice