Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hey doc. I went to my dentist this morning and he said he wasnt

Hey doc. I went to my dentist this morning and he said he wasn't concerned about this spot. He described it as a little white lacy area. I asked him twice if I should be concerned and he said no. He said it may or may not go away. Do u think if he was concerned he would have wanted a biopsy or sent me to a oral surgeon? What do u think this could be ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

DR HASAN :

HI

DR HASAN :

Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also.

DR HASAN :

You visited a dentist and this is really great.

DR HASAN :

I am happy that he was not concerned and this is what i advised you that you should be relaxed as nothing is going to be wrong.

DR HASAN :

Yes i do feel that his decision is right.

DR HASAN :

you don't need any further visit for biopsy.

DR HASAN :

Dentist is not likely to miss any precancer or cancer.

Customer:

What do u think it could be?

DR HASAN :

It's nothing serious for sure. It can be an irritated area secondary to usage of seed or might be due to a jagged tooth.

DR HASAN :

It might be an area which got burnt due to some food and has left a raw surface.

Customer:

So the Words white lacy would not concern u?

DR HASAN :

Not at all dear.

DR HASAN :

No way. I am not really concerned about this.

DR HASAN :

But yes i am concerned about you because you are over stressing yourself.

Customer:

Yes I am. I think I might need a therapist

DR HASAN :

Yes there is no harm in visiting a therapist because by stressing so much you will ruin your health.

DR HASAN :

But first try yourself to be strong.

DR HASAN :

You yourself are the best therapist for you.

Customer:

How long will it take for my risk to down from using smokeless tobacco. I've been quit for 3 months

DR HASAN :

It takes one year that you get most of the benefits of quitting smoking.

DR HASAN :

So in this much time your risk goes down significantly.

Customer:

What about dipping smokeless tobacvo

DR HASAN :

The risk for smokeless tobacco decreases more rapidly.

Customer:

Same timetable?

DR HASAN :

A bit different

DR HASAN :

because in smokeless tobacco the risks are more at local site of usage.

DR HASAN :

So the risks decreases more rapidly.

Customer:

OK. So if this was a cancer it would grow , right

DR HASAN :

yes and this was likely to give you enlarged nodes which you don't have.

Customer:

Can precancerous cells heal themselves

DR HASAN :

Yes if the risk factor is removed they are likely to heal.

Customer:

so this might be a callous or something from the seeds that may or may not go away?

DR HASAN :

Yes but it will go away.

DR HASAN :

It's not likely to stay forever.

Customer:

OK so I guess since its been the same size for a few weeks is probably a good sign?

DR HASAN :

definitely this itself indicates that it's not cancer.

Customer:

OK doc. Thanku for helping me during my struggles

DR HASAN :

You are most welcome.

DR HASAN :

Rest assured that i am here for you anytime.

DR HASAN :

Good luck

Customer:

Thanks

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery