Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I went out with a couple of friends and had a good bit of alcohol.

I went out with a couple of friends and had a good bit of alcohol. I know...stupid. I have been having right upper abdominal pain for months now and this morning it is really bad and am having some periods of heart palpitations and diharrea. I don't have a gallbladder and I don't drink on a regular basis. It really hurts though.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Welcome here and thank you for your question.
I am Dr.Robert & will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-

Have you undergone ultrasound or any other liver tests?
Since how long you have diarrhea & palpitations?
Is there nausea?

I am waiting for your reply.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,
I can see that you are still online.

I had started working on your question.
Please reply me to the above said qurries so that I can reply you accordingly.

Use reply button to answer these querries.

I am waiting for your reply.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finally, got this thing to work. I have been having the palpitations for quite some time. They are not every day but when they happen they take my breath away for bout 5-10 sec. The diahrrea has been for bout a month. I haven't been to a doctor for all the tests. I just can't afford it right now. Sorry this took so long. tried to respond to the emails but didn't work.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thank you for providing this additional info.

The area of pain you have described is medically called as right hypochondrium.

The pain you are having can be due to number of causes:duodenal ulcer,acute pancreatitis,liver problems,subphrenic abscess.

You need following tests:

-Ultrasound of upper abdomen,
-Colonoscopy,
-Gastroscopy or EGD,
-Stool examination & culture
-Liver Function Tests(LFT)
-Urine examination

The diarrhea you are having since last month can be because of the absence of gall bladder after surgery.Cut down on fats & high calories.

Palpitations you are having can be due to a condition called arrythmia.It is a change in the rhythm of your heartbeat.When the heart beats too fast,it's called tachycardia.There are many different types of arrhythmia.Most arrhythmias are harmless but some are not.

Caffeine is one of the most common cause of heart palpitations.So cut down on the caffeine.

The most probable cause of your pain can be liver disease.So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Till than for pain relief,you can take tab. Acetaminophen from the counter.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you for your business!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician