Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Hello, on Tue. I went to the ER with chest Pains and severe

Hello, on Tue. I went to the ER with chest Pains and severe headache, they did an EKG, X-ray and extensive blood work up and a heart monitor while we waited on test results , everything was normal and they said the headache was probably a stress or tension headache, since all this came back normal not only this time but other times as well does this mean my heart is good? because I had a shooting pain on the left side under my breast again today, it only lasted about a min. ...I do have Costrochondritis and did some housework today, and COPD

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Customer:

hello

Anthony Bray MD :

It sounds that you have a known cause of pain that would fit your descrition of pain in your chest...

Anthony Bray MD :

It sounds to me that the chest pain is being caused by your costochondritis...

Anthony Bray MD :

Are you taking an anti-inflammatory med for this??

Customer:

Just Ibuprfen I cant take steriods

Anthony Bray MD :

If not then I would recommend that you would probably benefit to try Aleve >> 1 or 2 tablets twice a day with food...

Anthony Bray MD :

OK then Ibuprofen is fine for this....\

Anthony Bray MD :

You may take between 1 200mg tablet up to 4 tablets with food or milk... may take three doses /day>>>

Anthony Bray MD :

Watch for stomach irritation especially if you take higher dose over a period of time....

Anthony Bray MD :

Is your headache doing better now??

Customer:

okay then since all those reports came back good it sounds like my heart is good, and yes it is from time to time

Anthony Bray MD :

IT does sound from your history that this is NOT heart related at all!!

Anthony Bray MD :

Yes I think your heart id fine!!

Anthony Bray MD :

The quality of pain (sharp shooting) is more consistent with your history of costochondritis and is not an expected angina ( heart related pain) type of description...

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have further questions!

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope that the costochondtitis settles down for you and that you feel better in general!!

Customer:

the Dr at the ER looked at my anckles and I asked why he said if you have angina your anckles swell

Anthony Bray MD :

Well that is very much an over-simplification.... ankle swelling may be caused by congestive heart failure among other possible reasons... it would not be accurate to say simply that if you do NOT have ankle swelling that this alone would mean that your heart is necessaily fine though....

Anthony Bray MD :

So a lack of ankle swelling is good of course but there is just more to the issue than this alone....

Customer:

thank you

Anthony Bray MD :

You are very welcome!!

Anthony Bray MD :

Take care and let me know if I may be of further help for you!!