Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have pain in my abdomen near my sternum and in my ribs on

I have pain in my abdomen near my sternum and in my ribs on the right side
HI, Thanks for your question. My name is***** and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details. Since how long you have this pain? Is this like burning? Any relation to food intake? Any symp***** *****ke nausea, vomiting, radiation of pain to back, shoulder pain, black stool, pain on pressing that area of abdomen? Have you tried anything? Any diagnosed medical problem? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
at first I thought I was just backed up and I took some laxatives. It didn't help obviously. Then my right side started hurting. now my hole abdomen is hurting bad. This started three days ago. Just a moment ago I felt a bit sick to my stomach but it comes and goes. I have no previous medical conditions. By the way my back pain is sore to the touch as well as my sternum
Thanks for your input. Have you tried anything so far? Any fever? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no fever. just tried antacid and laxatives and muscle rub
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it feels like cramping of all my muscles
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. There can be few possible causes for your symptoms. This can be a stomach ulcer, can be pancreatitis or can be gall bladder infection (cholecystitis). In this region mostly it is not possible to pinpoint the cause without investigations because everything is lying so close to each other. However as per symptoms stomach ulcer is more likely but really can't be sure. This is not muscular. The duration and pattern of your symptoms warrants an ER visit because this can be serious. If suppose for any reason you want to delay the visit or you want to try something before you go (although not advisable) then in such situations first of all anything like tab ibuprofen should be avoided and only tab Tylenol two tablets thrice daily are recommended for pain and cramping of muscles. OTC cap omeprazole 40mg once daily and syp gaviscon helps with the stomach acid. Lastly avoidance of tea, coffee, alcohol and spicy food is most important. My recommendation again is to get it evaluated early as you may need an ultrasound, blood tests for pancreas etc. Sips of cold mils are also good for you. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would love to go get help but have no insurance
I am so sorry to hear about this. I understad that you have come here to ask for help so i have mentioned that what over the counter helps our patients in cases like yours. But if these measures fail in 12 to 15 hours then must go to ER or to urgent care or can visit the clinics which are on sliding scales because ultimately it is about health. You can try above suggestions but should be very careful and don't worry you will be fine. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.