Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

Last year I was in Cali working.I noticed I had 2bumps on my

Last year I was in Cali working.I noticed I had 2bumps on my stomach. They looked like little pimpiles then I thought they were spider bites. They got worse. I went to the er and they gave me moxicillan and almost a year later I still have them.they have spread over my body to my face and I have tried everything to get rid of them.somebody said they my be staff infection and had a Dr.Dr tell me they were like fever blisters or even cold sores.how do I get rid of them for good.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Your symptoms are suggestive of a condition known as Impetigo.

Impetigo is an infection of the surface layers of the skin and can occur all over the body. They spread from one part to the other when you touch them and then touch another region since they are highly contagious.

Impetigo usually starts around the mouth and in children, but they can also start on the body and in adults.

In most cases, they clear up in about 2-4 weeks but may sometimes linger for months.

Please ask your doctor to send a sore sample for a lab teest.

Moxicillin will not help. You wil need to take antibiotics like Cefuroxime or bactroban for a cure.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there over the counter meds ordo I still have to go thru the doctor.

You will need to get a prescription from the doctor - OTC medicines will not help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Email me a script and I'll pay the office visit

Wayne,

Sorry , but we do not write prescriptions at this website. I am afraid that you will need to visit your doctor in person.