Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I had a partial knee replacement 4 weeks ago. I am still

I had a partial knee replacement 4 weeks ago. I am still having some pain and can't sleep at night. Is this normal? Been having in home PT she said that it is going good. Have very little swelling. Thank you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
This is not unusual for this soon after your surgery.

You can expect with continued PT and healing, things should get a bit better every day. Before you know it, you will be sleeping in your old bed again.

Continue to work hard with your PT, follow her directions and discuss with her and your surgeon any concerns you may have.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes sense. Just seems the pain is worse than before surgery. Assuming because they disturbed it. Hurts when moved and sometimes just aches even when sitting.
Sheila,

I understand what you are saying but, because you had a big surgery, and it is hard to completely rest your knee, pain is not unusual.

The fact that your PT says you are doing well should be taken as a positive indicator that things are on track.

Of course, if the pain is bad there is no shame in asking your surgeon for some stronger pain medication for a bit.

I hope you continue to heal up fast and the pain resolves soon.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Have a good evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Keep hoping pain will be better. Had a really bad night last night sleeping. Just wish pain would go away at night. Keep hoping something isn't wrong
Sheila,

You would probably feel better if you did two things today:

1. Call your surgeon and let her know about your pain and see what she says.

2. Mash the excellent feedback button for me.

Does this make sense to you?
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC