Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

Im a female,71, and healthy. I have a cat and believe I may

I'm a female,71, and healthy. I have a cat and believe I may have gotten a ringworm from him. It is on my pubic area, but not in a crease. It is a spot about 2 inches across, is red, a bit itchy and has not responded to anything I have done in the last week, or changed one bit. I was thinking it might be an ingrown hair in the begining, but think otherwise now. My husband has some Triamcinolone acetonide cream 0.1 %. Would this be appropriate for me to use ?
HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I am sorry to hear about your problem. Yes this can be ring worm infection. Unfortunately you have not gotten better with the treatment you have dome so far so I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC Clotrimazole or Monistat cream for skin can help you a lot because ring worm infection is a fungal diseases and the creams i have mentioned above are anti fungal. You can use anyone of them. Lastly as far as Triamcinolone acetonide cream 0.1 % is concerned, you can use it twice daily for initial two to three days with anyone of the antifungal cream but don't use it for more than 3 days. It will just help with the itching but main curative role will be played by anti fungal cream. If symptoms persist see your doctor but hopefully will not be required. Make sure that you get your cat assessed by his vet. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.