Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I took 2 percosets about an hour ago for mild gall bladder

I took 2 percosets about an hour ago for mild gall bladder pain. I have done this before but when I try to walk I feel a little shakey and light headed. I am concerned about going to bed until the medication wears off. Do I need to be concerned? Is there anything that I can do to help relieve the symptoms
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have vomiting, sweating, with cold and clammy skin?
Do you have breathing discomfort?
Are you still having severe abdomen pain?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The abdominal pain is gone. I just feel shakey. I am taking 5 mg of altace . I have taken percoset before but never felt the symotoms this much. No vomiting of other symotoms just hope I didnt overdose on this so feeling nervous

Dear XXXXX, Thanks for providing quick additional information. I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

Well, the recommended dosage for Percocet for most strengths is one tablet every six hours
But for Percocet 2.5/325 mg, the recommended dose is 1-2 tablets every six hours.

As you had taken Percocet two tablets together, and this has happened once only, so it would not cause over dosage symptoms.
You are experiencing shaky and dizziness, as you had taken this pill on empty stomach.

It is always advised that one should not take this pill on empty stomach, as it can cause side effects.
Usually such symptoms are temporary and would get resolve by its own in next 6-8 hours.

You can drink lot of liquids and take adequate rest. Don't take any more Percocet. Please take adequate rest, you would be fine by morning.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I took 2 percoset (5-325).

Dear XXXXX,

As per recommendation one can take Percocet 5/325 mg maximum up to 12 tablets in a day. For severe pain, total 12 tablets of strength Percocet 5/325 mg can be given in 24 hours.
You are experiencing side effects, as you have taken this tablet on empty stomach.
Please take plenty of fluids, and take adequate rest. You would be fine by tomorrow.

Reference- http://www.drugs.com/percocet.html