Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Can you take xanex and xantac together?

Can you take xanex and xantac together?
Hi. I am online and available to help you. Thank you for your patience.
yes. You can safely take Xanax and Zantac together.
Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I read somewhere online that zantac and other acid reducers reduce the absorption of xanex. I take .25 at night for anxiety and sleep. I am weaning down after 6 months of panic attacks. Do you know anything about weaning off of xanex? I take .125 in the day, a very small amount, and .25 at night.
In the medical literature I do not see that given as a concern. You really should be OK taking them together. In clinical practice Zantac and Xanax are frequently prescribed together without difficulty.
As to your new question, I'm sorry but I do not have a lot of experience in weaning people who suffer from panic attacks off of xanax.
I'm sure, however, that there are experts here who can help you with that question if you wouldn't mind positing it.
I wish you the best of luck on weaning off of the xanax.
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Have a good evening.