Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.

hello please can i get some advice

hello i am hoping i can have a live chat and ask a very important question or two i have to do with my mental health issues and motivation..i have anxiety disorder and my paranoid disorder please get back to me about this

Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 11 months ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 11 months ago.
Dear customer,

Though now we cannot do a live chat, please ask your question and I will get back to you.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

hello dr.ravoof thanks for the response but i waited over 12 hours for my question to be answered and i was a little upset yesterday... but thats ok..anyway...as i said i have paranoid disorder and anxiety disorder and i wanted to ask something.... my memory is very bad and my sense of time seems to have gone lately for example yesterday i turned on my pc and it always takes 5 minutes without doubt to startup to desktop instead i turned on pc and instantly took a drink of my morning cofee and looked backup and the 5 minutes felt it passed in 20 seconds (my pc was fully turned on) and felt like i woke up out of a dream or something not to sure... please any guidance or advice would be much appreciated my memory has always been a little bad but lately i cant remember anything and as a child in school i had ADD any advice on this problem to fix this would be very helpful also

thanks, james

Dear customer,

Sorry for the waiting time.

What medications are you taking at present? Are you under any increased stress lately? Have you had any investigations done?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

taking only resperidone but nothing for anxiety... i feel im always under stress and no investigations have been made, dont know where to get this

Dear customer,

You need to have yourself examined with certain mental tests to know the extent of your memory loss, and also have certain routine investigations such as thyroid function, a vitamin B12 level, and if indicated a neuroimaging study (CT or MRI) done to know the cause for your present symptoms. If a cause is known than treating it will be beneficial.
Also your underlying conditions such as anxiety need to adequately treated and this will improve your memory.
Getting a good sleep also is beneficial along with a decrease in stress. Hence along with medications I would urge you to get under therapy with a cognitive behavioral therapist and this will be very beneficial.

Some other helpful general advice is:

Get in touch with your friends and look out for opportunities to get together with loved ones, friends and others especially if you live alone. This will help ward off depression and stress, both of which may contribute to memory loss.

Eat a healthy diet consisting of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Insist on low-fat protein sources, such as fish, lean meat and skinless poultry. Not drinking enough water or taking alcohol can lead to confusion and memory loss. Hence drink sufficient water and avoid alcohol if you take it.

Physical activity is a must and this will increase blood flow to your whole body, including your brain, which may help keep your memory sharp.

Take care. Please be careful about the next step you take in rating the answer. Please rate the answer as GOOD/EXCELLENT SERVICE(click FOUR/FIVE STARS) if I have answered the question to your satisfaction. However if for any reason you are not satisfied with the answer, never rate the answer as 1 or 2 STARS ("Helped a little" or "I expected more"), since this will not be beneficial for both of us, instead use the Reply to Expert button and let me know the reason for your dissatisfaction so that I can further answer the question to your satisfaction.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

thanks for all the advice i will rate you 5 star very soon, can i just ask you what medical conditions out of curiousocity have these symtoms i was having with my sense of time much shorter then it was... it it a mental illness?? thanks again for everything

Thanks for your reply.

What symptoms are you having at present? Please explain in detail. Since when did these start and are they still continuing?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

my memory is very bad and my sense of time seems to have gone lately for example yesterday i turned on my pc and it always takes 5 minutes without doubt to startup fully to desktop instead i turned on pc and instantly took a drink of my morning cofee and looked backup and the 5 minutes felt it passed in 20 seconds (my pc was fully turned on) and felt like i woke up out of a dream or something not to sure very slow thinking process

Dear customer,

These all symptoms can be due to increased stress and anxiety. Some of the peripheral manifestations of anxiety are:
Diarrhea
Dizziness, light-headedness
Excessive sweating
Hyperreflexia (increased reflexes)
Hypertension
Awareness of heart beat
Chest pain
Pupillary dilatation
Restlessness
Fainting
Increased heart rate
Tingling in the extremities (arms and legs)
Tremors
Upset stomach
Increased urinary frequency, hesitancy, urgency.

In addition to peripheral manifestations of anxiety, anxiety can also affect thinking, perception, and learning. It can produce confusion and distortions of perception of time and space.

Hence adequate control of anxiety is a must, therefore you need to consult your doctor as soon as possible to treat anxiety with medication and therapy.

Take care. Please rate the answer as GOOD/EXCELLENT SERVICE(click FOUR/FIVE STARS) if I have answered the question to your satisfaction.
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience: Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.