Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

I believe I made the biggest mistake in my life 3yrs ago.On

I believe I made the biggest mistake in my life 3yrs ago.On the advice of my urologist I recieved tumt.I ended up in the hospital for an emergency cath.Originally I visited him from a referral from my primary care doc for early stages of peronies.I had no complaints of urinary problems.I ended up retrograde and damaged physically and mentally.I retrieved my medical records.My prostate was 29grms.,total psa was not caculated because it was less than 1. Eight days before the procedure my flow was 23peak and 18 mean.In his report he says that this is 40% obstructed.I know that this is not true.I did have pvrs of 163mls.My appointment was about 9 oclock that morning.I awoke at 8 and half asleep I completly relieved my self.Realizing that I needed a full bladder I drank aprox a gal of water.I was told that would not matter.I was also on a opiate medicine that makes a person retain water.Wats your opinion of this mans work?I was told it was a very minor procedure thatI would benifit from.In the last 3 yrs I now have been to the nospital 3 times for emergency cath.I never had this or any other urinary problem before tumt. I know I trusted the wrong man. Any Idea what can go wrong for it to go so bad?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am sorry for the long wait. We are waiting for Urology professionals to come online. As many of them are busy with patients it may be a while before I can find one for you. Thank you for your continued patience.

Camille- Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am still waiting for a responce to my question.

Thank you ….hopefully it won’t take too much longer for me to find the right professional for you! Please don't respond to this as it may prevent the professionals from accessing your question. You will receive an email when your professional has responded. If you want to cancel, please let me know, and I will do that for you. Thank you for your continued patience.

Camille

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this excellent question

I'm sorry about this problem

What meds do you take if any?
I believe you have a neurogenic bladder

The cath may have damaged nerves and now they are not telling the bladder to empty.

A positive rating is the only way I am credited for my time. Please don't click "bad" or "poor" service as this leaves me negative feedback. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply."

Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience: Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh no more bad news But it still feels like I need to urinate.I blast out no more than 50ccs.The flow is good at first then it just stops.