Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I have had blood in my urine for the past 4 days. I called

I have had blood in my urine for the past 4 days. I called my urologist but can't get an appointment for at least 2 weeks. Is it OK for me to wait that long or should I try to find another doctor?

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I am sorry to hear about your problem. Blood in urine can be due to many causes like a simple urinary tract infection, stone in the kidney or bladder, cancer in the urinary tract, side effect of medicines you might be taking etc. However you don't need to stress yourself for cancer as with just 4 days history it's not likely. As far as your question is concerned, my suggestion is not to wait because this problem needs immediate evaluation and for that you can go to ER or you can see your local doctor (if he can see you early) but for sure you should not wait for 2 weeks. Till you visit, drink lots of fluids specially cranberry juice. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.