Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have had a partial hystercom i was put on 2mg estrofem my

I have had a partial hystercom i was put on 2mg estrofem my husband feels that perhaps what the estrofem does for me good died and exercise which I do daily would be sufficient. I have had no side effects while taking estrofem however he feels it could lead to cancer?

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Customer:

Good afternonn

Anthony Bray MD :

The Crestor resduces your relative rrisk of heart attack or stroke by about 30 to 40 % based on your history so this has significant health benefit to you and if anything the Crestor will be expected to help you live longer... exercise is ALSO to your benefit but not really substitute for any of the meds....

Anthony Bray MD :

The aspirin would be expected to reduce your risk of heart attack or stroke by about 20% and also would be expected to extend your life...

Anthony Bray MD :

This may need to be held in certain cases such as if you developed problems with a bleeding ulcer for example...

Customer:

Thank you but do you think its necessary to continue taking the medication if I am healthy and fit ?

Anthony Bray MD :

The Estrofem or HRT ( = hormone replacement therapy) is more helpful with regarsd to helping to reduce symptoms of menopause... night sweats, hot flashes would be reduced...

Anthony Bray MD :

HRT on the other hand has a complicated set of potential risks and benefits...

Anthony Bray MD :

Risks > increased risk to a degree with breast cancer...(but decreased risk of colon cancer by about 5 % so family history may play some factor in the decision to continue or not...)

Anthony Bray MD :

HRT has increased risk of clotting related complications >> heart attack, stroke, DVT = deep vein thrombosis are increased but this risk would be somewhat mitigated by you taking the aspirin....

Customer:

I have no problem with taking the medication as I have so far no side effects thank you for your advise and help

Customer:

Have a lovely day further

Customer:

Kind regards

Anthony Bray MD :

HRT may be of help to protect your bones as well.. helps to prevent osteoporosis

Customer:

Jenny

Anthony Bray MD :

Thank you and you as well!

Anthony Bray MD :

Take Care and best regards.

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope this has been helpful for you!

Customer:

good by dr

Anthony Bray MD :

Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!

Anthony Bray MD :

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated. Thank you and again, Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD