Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

I took antibiotics yesterday and fell asleep. I woke up today

I took antibiotics yesterday and fell asleep. I woke up today very nauseated and felt sick in class. I had to take the rest of the day off and go home. I am now very cold, can you help?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

- What antibiotic did you take and at what dose? At what time did you take it?

- Why were you prescribed antibiotics?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am actually her boyfriend and she is on the phone with my right now in too much pain to move. She says it is myocyclin and around 7 pm she doesnt know the dosage

she was prescribed it because she had a boil.

Thank you for the additional informaiton.

Minocyclin can cause vomitng and nausea which cna be quitee severe in susceptible people. But unless she has vomited a lot and is now dehydrated, it should not cause her to feel cold.

Feeling cold is a uncommon but serious side effect of minocyclin. It could indicatean allergic reaction for which she needs medical attention.

Please ask her to go to the ER - she needs to be seen as early as possble.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The coldness is coming and going. Its like bursts of coldness. But she is trying to avoid going to the emergency room. Is this the only possible solution ?

Please ask her to take a Tylenol as well as a Benadryl - they can be taken together. If she continues to feel cold or has chills after 3 hours, she should go to the ER.

Why did you rate this as bad Service? What were you looking for?