Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

Good Evening :) I am writing because I have trouble sleeping.

Good Evening :) I am writing because I have trouble sleeping. If I have time I sleep for 12 hours, but when I wake up I feel dizzy. During weekdays I have a chance to sleep for 7-8 hours, but I feel dizzy when I wake up anyways and I just feel like I am going to fall. Sometimes this happens during the day as well, and I need to take a nap during the day as well. Hovewer, in the evening I feel ok and do not want to go to sleep. I think I also have to mention that my eating habits are not good - I eat just once a day ar 3-4pm, though I usually have some chocolate for breakfast. I am also vegetarian, but I eat eggs. I drink something like 0.5l water a day and a cup of green tea. I'd like to eat more, but I do not want to put on weight. I also get strong headaches these days and feel a bit depressed. Do you think it is about my eaiting? Maybe some illness? Or is this trouble sleeping has nothing to do with my eating? Thank you.
I think that a good place for you to start would definitely eating better and more regular and to drink more fluids!!
Your eating only once a day may well be causing you to feel bad with the symptoms that you describe. If I ate only once a day I would EXPECT that my sugar would probably drop too low for me! I would EXPECT to have headaches, dizziness and drowsiness!! So please try to get into healthier habits and I think you would feel much much better!!
If you eat a light and healthy breakfast , lunch and supper and drink 8 to 12 ounces every two hours or so while awake then this would be a much healthier pattern for your body!! Compliment this with regular exercise!! Your energy level should improve. Your headaches will probably improve. It may well fix the dizziness symptomas well.
If you are on a healthy diet and fluid regimen for > 1 week and still have problem then I would advise that you consult your doctor further. I hope that improving your habits will make you feel better to the point that further medical evaluation may not be needed however.
I hope this information helps you! Let me know if you have further questions! I will be happy to get back with you!
If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated! Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD