Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

Hi I have IUD mirena put inside me for 2 years now.. I having

Hi
I have IUD mirena put inside me for 2 years now..
I having really bad lower back pains can't even pick up my kids hurts can't
move in anyway with out hurting .. Never had this kind of pain in my lower back..
I have had pulled muscle i know how that feels its not pulled muscle .. Just don't whats going on .. I'm sitting it hurts standing hurts ..
Please tell me what you think it could be .. I had my second son 10 months before i have the iud mirena .. when i have my son they poke me 9 times in the spleen to freeze mt back for c-section .. do you think that could be the it ..
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

You could have one of two conditions.

- You probably have PID - pelvic inflammatory disease. This is a condition in which an infeciton occurs in the pelvic region from bacteria that enters the uterus by teh IUD string that hangs in the vagina. PID can cause inflmmation of the tissues with irritation of teh nerves and ligaments of the back leading to acute back pain.

- Another cause could be a slipped spinal disc - this condition is quite common after a childbirth.

It is unlikely that it is due to the spinal anesthesia you had for the cesarian section.

Please consult your doctor for a vaginal swab , and ultraosund and possibly an MRI.

Meanwhile, please take Ibuprofen to help control the pain as well as do slow stretching exercises.

I hope this helps.
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply .. I'm gonna have to go to the hospital can't the pain it hurts alot dosen't matter if I'm standing or sitting .. feel's like burning in my lower back .. I don't have ibuprofen i did take 2 tylenol ..

If the pain is that pain, pleasse do go to the ER - you will need an ultrasound as well as antibiotics and prescription strength painkillers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry it won't let me rate .. Excellent service ..very happy ..

Thank you very much ..

:-)

You are welcome.
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor