Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

hi, Im a 23 year old male....and have had this persistent

hi,
I'm a 23 year old male....and have had this persistent coughing for nearly a year now, It tends to get bad regardless whether if its warm or cold..but have noticed my lungs feel agitated when its cold out and the cough will worsen. I tend to cough up what almost looks and feel like mucus....and also when going through a coughing spell which is almost daily...I tend to hear and feel myself weezing.....there are a few times were it I find it difficult to breathe....can anyone please help me I plan on going to a doctor finally next week...

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Your symptoms sugges that you could be suffering from chronic bronchitis with occasional bronachal asthma.

The bronchus and bronchioles make up part of the respiratory tract - they carry air inside the lungs. If infection occurs, the mucosa gets inflamed - the mucus production is an attempt by the tissues to decrease the irritation caused by the inflammation. The irritaitoon will cause the chromic cough that you have had for a year.

Inflammation can also cause the bronchioles and bronchus to constrict and narrow down (asthma) from time to time causing diccifulty in breathing.

It is likely that cold air triggers off increased inflammation and bronachial asthma.

Zyrtec D is an antihistmainc and will help control any allergic cause whiich can trigger off the attacks. It also has an anti-inflammatory action.

Consulting a doctor is a good idea - you will need tests like lung function tests for an accurate diagnosis.

I hope this helps.