Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

HOW DO YOU STOP RINGING/BUZZING IN THE EARS?

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

DR HASAN :

Hi

DR HASAN :

Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also.

DR HASAN :

Since how long you have this?

Customer:

ABOUT 3 days

DR HASAN :

I am an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist and wants to help you.

DR HASAN :

In one ear or both?

Customer:

it in both i think, i dont really notice it unless there is quit............no outside noise. its very faint

DR HASAN :

Any associated dizziness, spinning sensation, high blood pressure, flu like symptoms, dental problems etc?

Customer:

my teeth have been sensitive lately. and yes i do feel light headed at times, kind of a spinning sensation but not to bad.

DR HASAN :

Thanks a lot for your input.

DR HASAN :

Ringing in ears can be due to many causes.

DR HASAN :

The cause can be in ears itself or other problems like dental workup, high blood pressure etc can do this.

DR HASAN :

This is only a symptom and cause behind this always needs to be investigated.

DR HASAN :

Among ear causes inner ear infections are quite common specially when associated with spinning.

DR HASAN :

I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab benadryl twice daily can help you and OTC tab meclizine thrice daily for three days can help with spinning.

Customer:

what other symptoms would a ear infection cause?

DR HASAN :

I am sorry for the delay due to some error.

DR HASAN :

The main symptoms of ear infection are ringing and spinning.

DR HASAN :

The severity of these depend on the severity of infection.

DR HASAN :

One can feel nausea or vomiting also with such infections.

Customer:

i dont have a ear ache, could there still be a infection?

DR HASAN :

Yes in inner ear infection there is no pain.

DR HASAN :

pain is felt with outer and middle ear infections.

DR HASAN :

There are three parts of ear.

DR HASAN :

Inner, middle and outer.

Customer:

do i need to see specialist or can my regular doctor help with this?

DR HASAN :

Ideally ENT specialist but since you need immediate evaluation, go to anyone who is easily available.

Customer:

ok thank you for your help doctor

DR HASAN :

You are most welcome. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.

DR HASAN :

You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer.

DR HASAN :

I will be glad to assist you anytime.

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery