Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

My son is 16 years old, wights 235 lbs and is 62". He has

My son is 16 years old, wights 235 lbs and is 6'2". He has a need to eat at all times and sneaks out to eat fast food, eats at night and whenever there is food he wants to eat all there is around. What should I do? Does he need to see an Endoclrinologist? There is a high number of family members with diabetics in my family, I'm terrified for this health. That you!
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this excellent question

Has he had any tests done?

thyroid?

blood counts?

Adrenal gland function?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not jet Dr. Phil, his pediatrician said he was ok 4 months ago when my son was 210lbs.
Thanks Margo.

He is definitely a big guy. 6'2 235 is a big kid.

It is a good idea to make sure there is nothing metabolically wrong though.

Getting a full blood work up by his primary doctor is a good idea.

Thyroid, adrenal gland function, blood counts.

You might need an endocrinologist to do all this but some primary doctors would be able to handle it.

If all is normal, then he might need to see a dietician for counseling and a strict diet plan if he is overeating or eating junk

Keep in mind that many teenagers do this so it's not entirely uncommon

A positive rating from you is the only way I am credited for my work. Please don’t click “bad” or “poor” service as this leaves negative feedback for me. If you aren’t 100% satisfied or have follow-up questions, click “reply” instead.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Dr. Phill , the computer pick my name wrong, it is Marbel.

If everything is fine, is a dietician able to control his over eating or would he need to see a therapist. He might not follow a strict diet if he is always hungry,
Thank you.
He should see both

They can work together to control hunger and cravings

And if he has a craving making good choices in food instead of junk food
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX would you recommend a pediatric endocrinologist, a children's hospital or a general endocrinologist if I want him to see one.
Than you
He's old enough where a general endocrinologist is good

Thank you very much

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you!!

Welcome