Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

The past couple weeks I have had a sore throat off and on,

The past couple weeks I have had a sore throat off and on, mainly in the morning it hurts to swallow. It feels like something is stuck in my throat(I thought it was just allergies). This morning I woke up with the same feeling but more intense. It actually caused me to throw up. I didn't feel nausious at all. I mostly threw up saliva but then small chunks came out with blood. The blood was light red and the chunks were a grayish purple. I don't feel sick, I'm full of energy, no cough, no runny nose, no congestion, no headache or fever.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

your symptoms sound serious enough to see an ENT specialist to have a scope procedure to look down your throat and see why you might be bleeding and having blood clots in your throat.

it could be something as simple as acid reflux coming up at night and irritating your throat at night causing a sore throat in the morning.

but it is better to see a doctor to be sure.

do you have health insurance to be able to go see an ENT doctor and have a direct nasolaryngoscopy procedure to look down your throat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have insurance, and I do plan on going to a dr. but haven't found one yet, as I just moved to the area. I am breast feeding and am around my newborn 24/7. I keep away from his face (as much as possible). Because of this I am very concerned it could be strep or something worse?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
strep would tend to cause fever which you said you don't have.

well, it would be good to get your throat checked out as soon as you could

it could be something as simple as allergies or acid reflux or post nasal drip.

the sooner you find out what is going on, the sooner you wil be more relaxed about it and be able to focus on your baby.

does this help?

do you have other questions?
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention that my glands are swollen and it is extremely painful to yawn. It that due to the swelling?
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Ent is not the doctor to say and you don't want to wait that amount of time.This can be errosive esophagitis, or GERD with stomach ulcer.

These can bleed, particularly the ulcer and you already have blood that you threw up.

Throwing up blood even a small amount, needs immediate evaluation.And follow up with a GI doctor, an ENT can not do the scope required, if required.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
swelling of the glands can be due to acid reflux irritation of the throat

or it could be due to alleries as well.

any inflammation of the throat can cause sore throat and pain when you yawn.