Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

Hi I keep getting a tingling and uncomfortable feeling in my

Hi I keep getting a tingling and uncomfortable feeling in my urthera and shooting pains after I urinate and takes a while to go off what could be causing this
I would advise that you start with seeing your doctor and having the ursine checked (urinalysis) for infection as the first step. A bladder infection may cause irritation of the urethra as well which could cause the symptoms that you describe. If this is negative and the symptoms persist then other cause may be sought .
Do you have any history of herpes for example? It can be a prodrome of a herpetic out break to have an uncomfortable tingling sensation prior to one of these for example.
So I would watch this symptom for change over time as well...
I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have further questions/ information/ discussion and I will be happy to get back with you as soon as possible!
If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be much appreciated. Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi no I don't have herpes but I have a uti in dec jan feb that I had antibiotics for
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Also I have been drinking nothing but water every day since and since I have been drinking water I have been urinating a lot is that normal
Hello again,
Ok--- I would suspect that you have a recurrent UTI Then as your cause .
Some women have increased risk if UTI after sex (this does not mean that your partner gives you anything but allows bacteria to creep up urethra into bladder) many women benefit to have the use of a preventive antibiotic within 24 hours if sex ( most often used are a single dose if Septra or Macrobid).
It may also be of benefit to take vitamin C 500mg once or twice a day ( or cranberry juice) which makes the urine more acidic and less favorable for most bacteria.
If recurrent UTI's persist as a problem then further work up of possible causes may be needed. A referral to a urologist would be typically next step if above measures are not effective for example.
I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have further questions!
Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi thank you and I know I sound silly but would drinking water make u urinate a lot
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry but im just so scared of bladder cancer
Hello again,
Yes drinking increased water would make you urinate more!
You should not be worrying about bladder cancer based only in this symptom!! What is your age? Are you a smoker? So far I find no reason from your history to worry about bladder cancer!!
I hope this helps! Best regards !!
Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm 28 but I do smoke
Hello again,
At 28 you are at very LOW risk for bladder cancer.
I do of course advise that you do your best to stop smoking for MANY MANY health benefits!!! Bladder cancer risk is increased in smokers---- you absorb these reactive chemicals into the blood stream and these may be concentrated in the urine. This is the connection with smoking and bladder cancer....
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have further questions!
Best regards,
Anthony Bray MD