Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

I am a independent in my line of work and have very minimal

I am a independent in my line of work and have very minimal health coverage. Therefore, I do not go to the doctor unless it is very serious. I have been suffering from Anxiety/ depression or something of the sorts. it is really affecting my life, relationship and work. Coming in and out of horrible moods, feeling defeated for no reason, stressing over my current situation and feeling at a loss. I am not sure if it is something that can easily be treated and help with my mood swings and if I would be able to access these drugs without health insurance.

low serotonin? anxiety? depression?

Please Advise
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

I'm sorry you are struggling like this.

Do you have a primary doctor?

Have you been on meds in the past?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have seen a doctor for a check up a couple years back. I decided not bring this up at the time though. Embarrassing for me and I guess I just wimped out during the visit.

I did receive counseling when I was a small child, right after I lost my uncle to suicide and my other uncle to a gun accident. I was about 6 or 7 at the time.

Never been on meds

Thanks Forrest.

What information can I provide that would be very helpful to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should I be going to a doctor to get on some sort of medication? If so, how much will it set me back without a medical insurance plan?

Thanks Forrest.

Yes, I think you definitely should.

This sounds like serious anxiety and depression

I think you could get treatment for relatively cheap. I would see a primary doctor. Preferable an internist in your area.

It would like be 100-200 dollars for an initial visit then cheaper for a follow up.

Plus there are many generics that are on the Walmart 10 dollar plan to use for this.

Overall, less than 300 probably. Which is pretty reasonable considering your mental health is at stake

A positive rating from you is the only way I am credited for my work. Please don’t click “bad” or “poor” service as this leaves negative feedback for me. If you aren’t 100% satisfied or have follow-up questions, click “reply” instead.