Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I am normally super healthy, active and full of energy. Then

I am normally super healthy, active and full of energy. Then I crash. My symptoms will be extreme fatigue, intense joint pain, joints that sublex really bad (chiropractic care really helps), muscle pain and extreme weakness. These symptoms last 2-9 days. I also seem to have a weak immune system during this time and often get UTI's, kidney infections, pleurisy, pancreatitis, thyroiditis, etc. These flairs seem to come at times when I am over stressed, don't get enough sleep, do too much physically, etc. They also were VERY correlated with my periods. I got to the point where I would cross off the 3 days before my period on my calendar because I knew I would be in pain and in bed unable to do anything. Because of this, I got a hysterectomy (uterus and one ovary) in Dec which seems to have helped the flairs be less intense but I still have them. I also have history of 4 miscarriages. I have been tested for lupus but it came back negative. What should I test for now?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

- Have you had pancreatitis or thyroiditis diagnosed by blood tests?

- Do you have mood swings at this time?

- Are your flairs still cyclical after the hysterectomy? Once a month?

- What tests have you had so far? Blood tests?

- What medicines are you on now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, my pancreatitis and thyroiditis have been diagnosed through blood tests.

They are still cyclical to a point. I am still having a hard time the 3 days before I would normally get my period but not nearly as bad. I am also getting the random flairs or the flairs when I overdo.

Only thing they tested for was lupus. Then they just said this is not a rheumatology issue and sent me on my way.

Not on any meds.

No mood swings just EXHAUSTED and in lots of pain.

Kelly,

The condition which can cause all of your symptoms is chronic rheumatoid arthritis with flares ups.

Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune condition. It is frequently closely related to the menstrual cycle, flaring up during the menstrual period . During a flare up, it caan cause joint pain, subluxation and acute fatigue. While in most women, some amount of symptoms remain all the time, some women remain free of all symptoms when there is no flare.

Rheumatoid arthritis is also associated with autoimmune thyroiditis and pancreatitis.

Please consult a rheumatologist for an ANA screen.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.