Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

i am on 120 mlg of methadone daily. i just lost my transportation,

Customer Question

i am on 120 mlg of methadone daily. i just lost my transportation, how can i get my meds delevered
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

Do you have a valid Rx for your methadone?

Where do you go to take your methadone?

What city/state are you in?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i have a valid prescription i take my methadone at beaumonttreatment i am from evadale but have to go to bmt texas to dose i lost my ride and need help please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am currently on methadose liquaid but would rather the 40mlg waffers.. i also have been prescribed that

Robyn,

With a valid prescription you can get access to your methadone.

Unfortunately, as you well know, you would have to coordinate this with your treating physician and group. 99% of the time you have to be witnessed taking your methadone...for reasons I'm sure you understand.

It is illegal for a doctor online to have anything to do with medication like methadone. I would loose my license and probably go to jail.

So. What is the take home message? If you can not get to your usual place to take your methadone, your best option is to call them and see if they are willing to accommodate you. I'm afraid if they can't help you a visit to the ER (tough to do without transportation, I know) or a MDs office....

I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three faces, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what about saboxine

Robyn,

As far as doing anything online, without a face to face visit and clinical note made, the laws are the same for saboxine too.

My hands are tied. :(

You best bet is to call your people at the Beaumont treatment center. I am sure that this is not the first time someone has had the problem you are currently experiencing.

Anywhere online that tells you that they can get you any medications like these is a scam and will just steal your money.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

I wish you the best of luck. Take care.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can u refer me to a doctor in my area that is willing to write these meds pkease then will tip u

Robyn,

I am near the Canadian Border, over 1900 miles North of Texas, and don't have any contacts in your area. I'm very sorry about that.

Your best bet, if the group you have been going to won't help you, is to contact a methadone clinic in your area or a rehab center for a referral to a local doctor.

Thank you for the positive feedback. I wish you the very best.