Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Hi! I own a medical billing company and I am looking to expand

I own a medical billing company and I am looking to expand my business. I was looking for advice on how to acquire an email list of medical doctors. I have bought a few lists but so far I have spend a lot of money and got nothing out of them. Is there a free way to get these email addresses? Also, where are the marketing companies getting these emails from?
Hello from ja
What type of area are you talking about
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I specialize in Mental Health but would like to expand my business to other specialties.

I have been in the medical billing field for over 3 years now and have a solid accounting background.

Thank you for the quick response!

I understand but what type of area are you trying to find emails in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

General Practice MD, Mental Health Providers, and Cardiologists.

What is your target area
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

New Jersey.

So I am a little unclear on what you are trying to achieve.
Yes you can by email lists.
It is a notoriously bad way of getting any attention from doctors.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to locate where I can find the emails on my own. I have tried paying for lists or Doctor's Emails but I have gotten and good leads. I think that my question should have went toward a marketing person. I know you are a Dr. so it might have been sent to the wrong area. Thank you!

In fact I thought you wanted a doctors view?
Since I have an MBA and I am familiar with this, I have some suggestions
I will be glad to opt out as well
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you have some suggestions that would be great!

Who are you targeting specifically
Why would you just use randome lists fot the state.
Why not take the buiest medical cities in your state and target private practices of target specialties.

Most copporate practices have no need for your services what so ever.

If you target practices you can follow up the email with a phone call or letter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I was looking for a marketing person to answer my question.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today. I noticed your relisted question.

While I am not a marketing persons I have some suggestions that were not discussed above.

Let me know if you would like my help. If not, I would be happy to also opt out so you can continue to wait.

I look forward to your reply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am open to suggestions! I am really trying to get my "name" out there. I thought that email was the less intrusive way of doing it. I am an excellent biller and want to acquire more clients.

I'll be happy to help as much as I can.

First of all, as a surgeon, Past Chief of Staff of our local hospital and past President of a 18 member physician owned clinic I have to tell you that doctors, 9.8 times out of 10 will just delete any email you send them.

Unsolicited US Mail doesn't do much better.....

That being said, a very good place to obtain up to date email and address listings of doctors is through the various Academy's, such as the American Academy of Ophthalmology, of Orthopedics, of Pediatrics etc.

Every one of these organizations have web sites you can go to with information on where you can obtain these data.

Unfortunately, I think the best way to make yourself known to doctors is to obtain a booth at various medical conferences. At these conferences you can "swipe" the badges of doctors who visit your booth for follow up by phone, email and snail mail. This would also give you a chance to highlight what your business has to offer.

While there are costs involved in going to renting booth space, putting together a presentation and manning the booth for days at a time, I believe it is the best way to "hook" doctors into considering using your services.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you need help with Medical Billing? (I know you probably don't but I had to ask! Ha)

Thank you very much for your response. It was very helpful. I will look into medical conferences in my area!

Actually, with all the changes in reimbursement it seems like each and every one of us needs help in this area :)

I wish you the very best in your endeavor and I'm glad I could be of some service.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you in the future. Have a good day.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC