Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

have constant diarrhea vomiting once in awhile been drinking

have constant diarrhea vomiting once in awhile been drinking beer lately do you think that has something to do with it?
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

How long has this been going on?

How much beer do you drink at a time?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medication?

How old are you?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this has been going on for about a year, diarrhea on a weekly basis, vomiting every other week, every other day with drinking about 4 beers.

During all this time have you consulted with a doctor, had any tests done or seen a specialist, such as a GI MD?

How old are you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i take effexor, buspar, requip and lipitor except for the anti-nausua, anti-diarrhea meds. i've been on psych meds for years never a problem, i think it might have to do with the beer i drink, i was supposed to go for a sonagram and am afraid.

Thank you for that extra information.

A couple of beers would not normally be expected to cause the type of problems you are having. I would think that something else is going on.

I can understand your fears but something has to be done to stop your persistent diarrhea and vomiting. At this point all your doctors need to do is some testing....nothing to be afraid of. Of course, you might be afraid of what they could find. But, when you think of this fear, shouldn't you also, then, be afraid of leaving whatever might be the problem undiagnosed and allowing it to get worse?

So. What is the take home message here? Get in to your primary care MD, let her do some tests. If needed, she will send you to a GI MD. This way you can be feeling better and be not have to always know where the nearest bathroom is....

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS