Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

What is a naprapat? How is it compared to a Osteopath and can

What is a naprapat? How is it compared to a Osteopath and can they help if I have nerves being pinched in my cervicals and at my spine level, together with many muscle contractures all over my back, that is possibly being the cause of stomach cramps and belly inflammation? I have been given that as a reason for this bloating, hard muscles in my belly that comes with intense cramps, burning sensation and usually begins at night and wakes me up with a fire sensation while making me sweat and spread pain to my ribs back and the rest of the body.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

A naprapathic is a person who treats problems by manipulation, selling diet stuff and running a sound machine,giving little shock or a laser-pointer device around your body. You could compare then to a sort-of chiropractor.

These people have not gone to medical school or had additional training in an approved residency program.

An osteopath is, basically, the same as an MD. They have gone to medical school, attended approved residency programs and can practice anything from brain surgery to pediatrics. Think of them as equivalent to any other MD.

I, personally, would not seek out a natprapat to help you with your issues as in my opinion this is not something a natprapat can address.

If you are not getting any relief from the therapy your current doctors are giving you, have considered a second opinion from a Professor who practices at a large university medical center?

Why a large University Teaching hospital? Well, at an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you...although I am not personally familiar with the institutions in Sweden....

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS