Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD

I wantedto know what the treatment for a delayed blood transfuion

I wantedto know what the treatment for a delayed blood transfuion reaction is

The treatment for a delayed blood transfusion reaction depends on the severity of the reaction. Since the reaction is usually mild, steroids can control the reaction.

But if there is difficulty in breathing, bronchodilators may be needed and low blood pressure will need to be managed with medicines known as Vasopressors.

Very often IV fluids ar also necessary to maintain the blood pressure and prevent it falling too low.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.. It is my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me by clicking on OK Service or above - it is only the way I get credit for helping you. Leaving a Bonus will be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if i didint get the treatment will it go away by iself? and if so how long does it take?

Yes, if it is mild, it will go away by itself in about 7 days. You can take a benadryl to keep the symptoms controlled.