Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Hi Doctor, I have about 20 or so lumps over my body, most commonly in my right thigh and l

Hi Doctor, I have about 20 or so lumps over my body, most commonly in my right thigh and lower back, and triceps. These lumps are rubbery, painless, and i have had some of them for a couple of years. They do not grow in size (at least not noticeable), and most are a little more than 1cm in diameter. The largest is on my thigh about 2.5cm in diameter. They are all under the skin, and the lump area does not have any abnormal coloration.

I do not exhibit any signs of cancer such as unexplained weight loss, fever, night sweats, and do not have any health issues, but i am concerned as to why these lumps keep appearing. I also have a lump on my right groin area (lymph node area), roughly 1 cm in diameter which is a little harder than the rest, and does not go away. I would like to know if these lumps are any cause of concern, more specifically if cancerous lumps can take years to grow in size or manifest any health symptoms.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

Have you had these lumps looked at by a MD?

Do you have any other symptoms?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, i have had these lumps looked at by a few doctors, all of which said these were likely to be fatty tissues/lipoma. But as these lumps grow in number, i wanted to have your opinion..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i do not exhibit any other symptoms, or any health issues, although i forgot to mention i am a smoker

Thank you for that extra information.

The first think I want to do is reassure you of one thing: It is very, very unlikely, from what you have posted,that these lumps represent any form of cancer. So you need not worry on this issue.

Concerning what your doctor has told you, I have to admit the first thing that came to mind when I read your post is that these lumps represent lipomas. In this I must say I that I agree with your MD. Once again, the good news is that they are nothing to be worried about.

If you are concerned the best thing to do is have one of the lumps removed by a surgeon and sent to the pathology lab for evaluation under the microscope. This way you will know, with 100% certainty what these bumps are.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I really appreciate you taking the time for my medical question doctor, and putting my concerns at rest. Thanks for the EXCELLENT and prompt service!

I will consider a biopsy if any of these lumps grow in size, which they have not so far.

I wish you a great day!

My pleasure. Take care, have a good evening and let me know if I can do anything else for you in the future.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.