Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I would like a doctor to review an attached ECG for a 2nd opinion

I would like a doctor to review an attached ECG for a 2nd opinion to see if I need to go to cardiologist for mild palpitations that I have had from 2 days since I worked in my yard for hours and got overworked.

I will need to be in chat mode-live to attach my ECg. Reg. Q & A text boxes will not allow me to attach at work only live chat.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

I will be happy to take a look at your EKG if you can attach this now....

Customer :
XXXXXX
Customer :

I have attached the ECg

Anthony Bray MD :

Hi again,

Customer :

hell

Customer :

hello

Customer :

I have attached my ECG and wanted to get a second opinion to see what your thoughts are and to see if I need to go to a cardiologist. I had this taken at an urgent care.

Anthony Bray MD :

I have reviewed your EKG and it is normal to my review > perfectly normal >> there is no reason contained within this EKG to send to you a cardiologist BUT if you continue to have frequent palpitations then this may be reason to consider seeing a cardiologist....

Anthony Bray MD :

You may have had some electrolyte distubance from your excess work..this may have caused increased frequency of PVC's (premature ventricular contactions>> these are harmless electrical "hiicups" of the heart if you will...)

Customer :

They said it looked it looked like Left ventricular hypertrophy. Do you see any signs? They had me worried.

Anthony Bray MD :

You may benefit and there would be NO HARM in taking a supplement of magnesium oxide 400mg/day for a bottles worth... reduces PVCs and as i said completely harmless...

Anthony Bray MD :

Let me double check for sign's of LVH...

Anthony Bray MD :

No , I do not think that you have LVH (=left ventricular hypertrophy)

Anthony Bray MD :

Do you have history of high blood pressure?? This is the cause of LVH...

Customer :

no

Anthony Bray MD :

I would recommend the magnesium supplements for a few weeks and to consult cardiologist ONLY if you have concerning symptoms..

Anthony Bray MD :

The single EKG here shows no reason for your palpitations....

Customer :

I walk every day, so it should be ok to continue walking?

Anthony Bray MD :

If you continue to have them frequently or have rapid abnormal heart rate for example then a holter monitor for 24 hours might be considered...

Anthony Bray MD :

Yes >> fine for wlking....

Customer :

thanks

Anthony Bray MD :

walking...

Customer :

take care

Anthony Bray MD :

I would caution you with upcoming hot weather with summer to take frequent rests, cool off and replace fluids and electrolyts such as with Gatorade...

Anthony Bray MD :

Thank you and you as well!

41372.8030770833
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the field of Family Practice