Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

My husband has been taking Cialis, and Levitra along with antihypertensives

My husband has been taking Cialis, and Levitra along with antihypertensives and a statin but even doubling the dose does not result in an erection. What else could be the problem?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Both Cialis and Levitra work by causing the blood vessels of the penis to dilate and fill with blood. This causes the penis to become erect.

In your husbands case, since he is on statins, I assume that his cholesterol levels are somewhat high. A high cholesterol level can cause plaques to form in the blood vessels. If he has plaques in the blood vessels of the penis, blood will not be able to flow into the penis and he will not get an erection even if teh vessels get dilated by the Cialis or levitra.

Please consult an urologist - he needs to get a Doppler ultrasound of the penis to check if he does have plagues.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.