Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

had a 4th and 5th metatarsal stress fracture of my left foot

had a 4th and 5th metatarsal stress fracture of my left foot which i was told to wear an air cast so i could get around. I used the air cast for 6 weeks and didn't experience too much pain. I had an xray at 6 weeks which I was told by my dr that the xray showed that it was healing. It has been weeks since i removed the air cast and have been walking without it. I am now in as much pain as I was in before I started using the air cast. Do you think I could have re-fractured it or does it ta
Thank you for your question:

Yes - since you have having more pain there is a possibility that there is another fracture.

I would urge you to call your physician to get rechecked to determine if this is a fracture or some other cause for the pain. In the interim, staying off the foot would seem to be an appropriate thing.