Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

6 weeks ago I had wrist tfcc debridement. The mri also showed

6 weeks ago I had wrist tfcc debridement. The mri also showed that the ecu tendon was out of place. During surgery (open) a tenosynovectomy was performed and the tendon was deemed out of place, but stable. Now i have clicking of the tendon on wrist rotation, along with sharp pain and swelling. I can feel the tendon grinding on something. Is this normal 6 weeks post surgery? Doc says continue brace, Mobic, and ice. Is this going to resolve on its own?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Good Morning. I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Are you on any post op medications at this point?

Do you have any medical problem or take any medication?

Are you doing any physical therapy?

Would you say that you have been using your wrist to much or have you been taking it easy?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am taking Mobic for inflammation. I have no other medical problems. I wear a rigid brace at work (office job). I am not doing physical therapy. I have a good range of motion and strength is coming back, but the tendon still clicks and swells. I do not feel that I have used it too much, but I haven't babied it, either.
Thank you for that extra information.

While you are still fairly close to your surgery date, 6 weeks is not all that unusual to still be recovering, I do not like this new click and associated pain with swelling.

The tendon may have slipped out of place, a stitch broke or maybe some adhesions are forming.

In any event I think that it would be a good idea to contact your surgeon and have her take a look at your wrist. I think this is a much better course of action then trying to treat this issue at home at this point.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC