Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

After a gentle excercise class I recently experienced, dizziness

After a gentle excercise class I recently experienced, dizziness and an inability to sweep the floor. Then my left arm was going numb had a bad headache, rang ambo at request of local doc. My blood pressure was 185/95 normal 90/50. I also had severe chest pains in ambo. probs. swallowing and they were going to admit me to cardiac care ward but the registrar rang my heart spec.at home and he said that I had been having problems with a daughter and it was stress and I was to go home immediately. They sent me home on my own in the middle of the night. This was Thursday night, i still feel washed out and not well. Do you think I had a mini stroke? Also on Tuesday night I had a bit of a turn and the room was crashing down on my head and I felt dizzy.

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning. I am online and available to assist you today. Thank you for your patience.

As an American doctor, I find it hard to believe that they sent you home without doing some sort of workup at the hospital.

Are you having any symptoms now, or has everything returned to normal?

Do you have any other medical problem or take any other medication?

Do you have a history of severe anxiety?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I still feel very tired and washed out. and I have slight blurred vision in my right eye. I dont have the limp arm or headache anymore.

They did a brain scan to test for a bleed and a chest xray, and a few blood tests. I take aspirin because i have a faulty mitral valve, and beta boc for heart racing. I have had a huge problem with my daughter but I wasnt thinking of that, for over a week and I had just been to an excercise class. I dont have severe anxiety but I am very hurt, She has stolen thousands of dollars from me and wont talk to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I still feel very tired and washed out. and I have slight blurred vision in my right eye. I dont have the limp arm or headache anymore. I did have many mini strokes two years ago and they found I had a hole in my heart, they did surgery and mended it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I also had numerous mini strokes two years ago, they wouldnt believe me, and they finally found I had a hole in my heart, they did surgery and mended it, I havent had any since. I have also had a blocked celiac artery 4 years ago and had to have a bypass operation. It was blocked 95%. Took them 18 months to believe me that it something more than diverticular disease.

Margaret,

Thank you for that extra information.

From what you have posted, I really believe you need a much better workup. It seems that something is not right here and I'm disappointed to hear that you were just sent home.

Since your doctor doesn't seem interested in making sure everything is OK I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

As I am in the USA I am not really up to speed on doctors on your side of the planet. That being said, I do know that Perth and Sydney have excellent teaching hospitals that will be more then happy to poke and prod you until they figure what is going on to cause your recent symptoms.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the hospital that I was at is a large hospital. I think its a teaching hospital. And that is how they found the blocked celiac artery by prodding and looking further.

I agree, Im going to find another heart specialist and get a second opinion. It probably would be too hard to collect all my files.

The attending doc. and the sister didnt agree with me being sent home, and were furious saying, the limp arm and chest pains were not stress related and were physical

Margaret,

Ya...I'm still in shock that they would even think of just sending you home. In the USA that would be good lawsuit fodder....

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

I hope you feel better soon.

Say "hi" to the Southern Cross for me :) It's on my Bucket list to see before I leave this World.....
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC