Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I have difficulty breathing every time I fall asleep, there

Customer Question

I have difficulty breathing every time I fall asleep, there is something going on inside my chest and throat that I can't exactly explain. There is quite a pain that I felt. It is just weird because I am only experiencing this every night when I'm about to sleep
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

The commonest cause fir difficulty in breathing while sleeping is a collection of fluid in the lungs - seen in a condition known as CCF ( Congestive cardiac failure).

During the day the fluid remains at the bottom of the lungs and the air movement is adequate in the rest of the lungs and causes no difficulty in breathing. But when you lie down the fluid moves to all parts of the,lungs, causing breathing to be difficult. It will also cause you to have a dry cough.

In CCF, the heart fails to pump the blood adequately through the body and lungs causing the fluid collection.

Please consult your doctor as early as possible - you need to have a complete heart assessment with blood tests as well as an EKG. You need to get treatment as early as possible.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I am not satisfied with the answer and your response is quite slow. I am very disappointed but although I am not questioning your ability because I believe all physicians are great. But I just plan to consult a cardiologist personally because I am disappointed and I find the response slow. I will be requesting for refund. thank you!

Geneva,

Thank you for your reply and you are welcome to request for a refund.

But please note, that my answer was not slow - I posted it 8 minutes after your question and it really did not merit a poor rating. A poor rating hurts my position. I would be really glad if you could change it.

Please consult your cardiologist as early as possible - if you do have CCF, it needs to be treated at the earliest.
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.