Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I swallowed a seed from a Chinese Lilac tree, should I be concerned

I swallowed a seed from a Chinese Lilac tree, should I be concerned or just let it pass.?
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

How much do you weigh?

Was it one seed?

Was the seed intact or did you chew it/mash it up?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

148

1 ROUND SEED MAYBE 1/2 TO 1/2 INCH IN DIA

IN TACT

DON'T TAKE ANY REAL MEDICINE, DID HAVE A HEART STINT PUT IN 5 YEARS AGO, NO PROBLEM SINCE

Kathleen,

You should be fine. Just eat a lot of fiber and seed should pass out with your stool. This is because the human GI tract has a very hard time breaking down the outer shell of the seed.

Also, you just ate one seed....not very much of a dose for a otherwise healthy 148lb human.

So. What is the take home message? You will be fine.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS