Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I am a 62 year old female. 13 years ago I had a aneurysm. I

I am a 62 year old female. 13 years ago I had a aneurysm. I quit smoking, I walk, and general good health. But I worry about the effects for me at this age. Should I watch
out for changes due to having one, or could I have another.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

Where was your aneurysm located?

Did you have surgery for it/artificial graft placed?

Has your doctor found any evidence of a recurrence?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Right side of head. I had surgery same day. no graft.

The dr. said I would prob. never have another one, but what about other

effects . I take synthroid, chol. pill, ambien for sleep.

I am 5'@ 140lb. I am 20 over weight just came on this year.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Right side of head, surgery same day. no graft. Dr. said I would probably never have another one. I take synthroid, ambein, cholesterol.

62 years old. 5'2 140 lb. Ive gained 20 in the past year.

My answer was eaten by the Gremlins in the computer somehow :(

Please give me a moment to retype it.....

Thank you for that extra information.

From what you have posted, and what your doctors have told you, I do not feel that you need to worry that you are at a high risk for having another aneurysm.

Also, I do not believe you need to worry about changes occurring either from a new aneurysm forming or from the aneurysm you had years ago.

So. What is the take home message: You will be OK and shouldn't worry about this at all..

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I am not sure why you gave me a bad rating...

I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.

Thank you for the positive rating.

I am still here and available if you have any further questions.

Have a great week :)