Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

RED BLOOD UNDER MY SKIN IN SPLOTCHRS ON MY ARMS BUT NONE ON

RED BLOOD UNDER MY SKIN IN SPLOTCHRS ON MY ARMS BUT NONE ON MY BODY.
BUD SMITH

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

Bud,

How long has this been going on for?

Does the skin over the area seem abnormal at all?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Do you take any medication or have any medical problems?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

two knee operations last year after that i was sent to st Joseph Hospital in Burbank ca i had 3 pints of blood injected in my arm in 3 days

this was last year, i have seen many Dr's and many blood test's

and my Dr said he could not see anything wrong.

BUD SMITH

Bud,

I am glad to hear that you have been evaluated by your doctor for this bleeding under your skin.

It is possible that since your surgery last year, the blood vessels have become weak and can easily break and cause this bleeding/bruising under your skin. Since everything else has checked out OK I do not believe, from what you have posted, that you have anything to worry about at this point.

If, however, you would like to "leave no stone unturned" and make sure that your doctors have not missed anything, you might consider gathering up your medical records and traveling to a Large University Teaching Hospital.

Why a teaching hospital? Well, because at an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS