Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

Since the middle of the night Ive been having chills and

Since the middle of the night I've been having chills and fever, fatigue, some shakiness, and diarrhea and I'm 11 weeks pregnant. What could it be? Will it harm the baby? And what do I do?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Your symptoms suggest that you have probably picked up a intestinal infection, possibly a virus. This is causing the diarrhea as well as the chills etc.

Intestinal infections do not generally affect the baby but it will cause dehydration, indigestion and can make you quite weak , especially at this stage in pregnancy.

Please consult your doctor as early as possibly for a stool test and treatment.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.