Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

hi, i had a chest xray that shows a shadow on the right side,

hi, i had a chest xray that shows a shadow on the right side, i have no cough, i have had a ct scan and the next day received an appointment to see doc in local hospital, worried

Welcome and thank you for your question

Where exactly in the lung do you have the shadow - upper part, lower part, center of the chest/

Does the Xray mention how large it is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

letter just said shadow on right side,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

letter just said right side,

Deidre,

A shadow in the lungs can mean many things - it could mean a tumor ( which is what I believe you are afraid of) , it can mean a solitary nodule, it can also be due to spots of chronic inflammation as a result of exposure to asbestos or other heavy metals.

Chronic infections like tuberculosis or sarcoidosis can also cause a shadow in the lung.

You do need to have this followed up very closely.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could it be something to do with the heart,

No, unlikely.

Heart problems rarely, if ever show up as a shadow in the lings.

I hope this helps.