Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

what would cause a person to have extreme sugar cravings d

what would cause a person to have extreme sugar cravings daily?

Welcome adn thank you for your question.

The commonest cause for extreme sugar cravings is Hypoglycemia or low blood sugar level in the blood. While in most people, hypoglycemia occurs to some extent when they go without food for a long time, in people with a defective insulin level, the blood sugar level may not be maintained even after regular meals.

This is because the secretion of insulin is irregular from the pancreas. This is commonly seen in Diabetics or in Pre-diabetics.

Please consult your doctor - you need a test a test known as GTT - Glucose Tolerance test for an accurate diagnosis.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.. It is my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me by clicking on OK Service or above - it is only the way I get credit for helping you. Leaving a Bonus will be greatly appreciated.