Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am hyperthyroidism right now but i am allergic to the medicine.

Customer Question

I am hyperthyroidism right now but i am allergic to the medicine. And I want to take a radiation pill to become hypothyroidism. but my endocrinologist quit and theres not another one in town that my insurancr will cover.
Is there a way to get the pill with out seeing an endocrinologist again?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a Professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the Professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I am online and available to assist you today. Thank you for your patience.
No. I do not think so. But, what you can do is obtain copies of your medical records and bring them with you to your new endocrinologist's appointment. This way she will not have to repeat all your tests and will more quickly and easily understand your need to have the radiation pill treatment.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish you the best of luck and hope you are feeling better soon.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i just wanted to let you know this isnt sami. i am sure you knew that but just wanted to make sure

I didn't figure that she was up to typing yet.

I hope she is awake and talking though....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

shes awake

Good. Hopefully she will be back to her old self and will manage to dodge some of the side effects of surgery that her doctor talked about.

When she can understand things, please let her know that I am thinking of her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

She can to a point. she can understand most instructions.

she as been sighning thins to us in her own way. her had is bothering her she as over 215 stitches across her forehead. but she hasnt said anything yet

Wow...that is one big incision.

I'll look forward to hearing from her in the next few weeks as she continues to get better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah its not fun to have i am sure

Hopefully the scar will be behind her hair line.

How is she doing today?

What hospital/floor did you say she is in now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It will be when she gets hair back.

She is doing good feed tube came out.she can feel things she really isnt hooked up to many more machines then some one that would have basic sugery any more. She has made nothing but improvment since she has been in milwaukee.

She is still in the ICU put should be moving to the next step tomorrow.

That is good news.....getting out of the ICU is an excellent sign.

Drop me a note tomorrow if you have a chance and let me know how the move goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i will should be interesting

thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The move went good. They gave her medicine so she would have no clue what was going on.

Glad to hear that the move went well. That is a good sign.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also she started talking today. She is really impressing the doctors. And me. Her whole face is in really bad shape from this and the previous accidents.
Here face will heal....glad to that she is talking and the doc's fell she is ahead of schedule. That can't help but be anything but good :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I am glad she is here instead of green bay
I'm glad that they moved her.

What floor is she on now?

And did you say she was in the childrens hospital?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its like the obseravervation floor. she is in childrens

Sounds good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I told sami i was talkiing to you she says hi. she will tell you about everthing in a little bit

That is GREAT news! I'm glad she is talking and understanding things....

I look forward to hearing from her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Shes doing awsome. we are triplets so we told her we need her better now

That must be fun being triplets.....not a lot of those around.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its ok

I would expect it has it's ups and downs....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We got along pretty good shes the only girl so we are always protective of her.

she will be on in about a week

She is lucky, not only to have two loving brothers, but a good supply of replacement organs if needed lol!

Tell her to hurry up and get better.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

She Said she working on it

:)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know its late but just wanted to let you know sami wont be on for a while. They started her on ah i knew the real high dose of chemo whichh i knew they were going to do. But i thought they were going to give her a little break after sugery. but guess not

Ok. Give her my best.

What kind of cancer does she have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

she has mixed glioma.

Ohhhh.....

Well, we will all just have to send positive thoughts her way and help her to get rid of this darn tumor.

Give her a hug for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah shes handly it ok. She said that she is done fighting but i dont believe her.

I will give her a hug

She's too young to give up. Tell he it is not allowed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok.

:)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

she will probably be on around the 7th of may unless she handles the chem alot better

ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi its sami. i just wanted to send you a message since i am wide awake after slepping for a few days straight chemo sucks. I am doing ok though.

Sorry you had to hear my life story on here, my brothers are retarded

Sami!!!!

Great to "hear" from you :)

How's it hanging?

Don't say bad things about your brother -- heck, he's spare organs on the hoof lol!

What hospital are you in? What room?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its goingn ok. could be alot better got to the point where i am done whst happens, happens. I am bald with a big incison.

In childrens in milwaukee still on this stupid observation floor. should be moving to the regular onconology floor soon.

the organ part is true. but there both way to over protective

Ya...brothers can be that way.

Do you have a last name, perhaps?

Well, I'm sure that chemo sucks, maybe even more then having someone muck around inside your skull :(

But your brother says your pretty tough. And in any event, women take pain better then guys anyway ;)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Last name is XXXXX XXXXX?

Just wondering.

So. How long until your next round of chemo?

Do the doctors feel good about how things will turn out when they are all done cutting on your brain and dripping poison into your veins?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

around 12 hours. it is going to be very intense for thext few weeks.

my brother tells me i am strong very day.

didnt you have my last nsme from this site? WHY did u want to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

why was my questioed opened to everyone?

I didn't know that it was. I'm the only one who has been talking to your brother. Usually other experts don't comment on a question once another expert has started on it....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did u see my answer to your other question

I was just wondering about your last name to send flowers....you figured me out :)

And, no, on this site all I have is Sami and that your computer is online in the USA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You don't need to send anything thats taotally not nessary.

And i just saw you question about how the doctors feel. They havent said much because mixed glima has one of the highest relapse rates which sucke.

on the bright side i sae my puppies today

Ok. Flowers are kinda silly anyway.

Ya, that does suck. But you are young and can beat the odds.

Puppies are good. We've got 4. A 90lb pitbull/shepherd mix, a 100+ lb shepherd/great dane mix, a 50 lb terrier/husky mix (don't ask how that one happened :) and a 15 lb ankle biter.

My wife and I are lucky to have 6 inches of room in our king sized bed.

What kind of puppies do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

a ninth month old basset i bought right before the eye surgery. 1.5 year old black lab. and my brothers each have a pit mix. so are family has four

We lost a basset about a year ago -- they are one of Terrie's favorite breeds.

I see it is Midnight already and I've got a full clinic along with today's post op patients starting at 9 am so I best hit the sack.

Take care, don't let the chemo get you down, and drop me a note next time you have a chance.

Good night.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how about we which places tomorrow lol.

good night

I'm not as tough as you are :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i got moved to the regular oncology floor.

that is a step in the right direction :)

How's the chemo treating you?

Are you gonna need radiation too?
It's snowing to beat the band right now outside my window.....how is it down there in Milwaukee? Don't they grow Bananas down there in the South?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chemo sucks.

I will need radiation i dont know when.

It is snowing and i have no idea

Boy...they sure are giving you the full court press....

Sorry to hear that it is snowing down where you are too. I'm actually a lot more North of you, even though no one would ever mistake Milwaukee for a City in the Confederacy :)

We were all a bit worried after your surgery when you seized so much. I am relieved that you are getting better....even if the doctors want to make you sicker with their ministrations before sending you on your way cured....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I scared the crap out of everyone. i am ok now i guess.

i dont look the best at all. but i just want to go home

I don't blame you for wanting to go home. I must say -- you sure are a lot tougher then me when I was 22....

Hang in there. :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have also been though more than alot of people

i will

You will have to tell me about it someday. But, for now, just hang in there :)

Have a good evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sami had a bad reaction to chem so if you dont hear from her for a while that is why

I'm sorry to hear about that, but thanks for the update.

Please give her my best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will do

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am fine. Cody makes everything worse then what it really is sorry about that

That is his job as your brother...to worry.

How's things going today, Sami?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Things are going ok. We are not doing chemo right now because the doses and how often i had got to be wat to much for my body.

So we are doing a ct scan and some other stuff to day, to make suure the got everything. And that it isnt starting to come back

Darn thing better not start to come back....that just wouldn't be fair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You have no idea how scared i am i told them i dont even want to know the results. just because this can be an aggressive cancer.

I guess my eye doctor from green bay is coming down here to do an eye exasm in a coulpe hours to

I can not imagine how scared you are.......but just because it can be aggressive doesn't mean that it will.

That is a very good thing the ophthalmologist is doing. Just confirms what I always knew: Ophthalmologists in general, and retina specialists in particular, are wonderful people. Just ask me and I'll tell you ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know.

lol i will keep that in mind. but in a way i dont want him to see me. just because of how i look

There is no reason to worry about how you look. The ophthalmologist will not give it a second thought.

Easy for me to say, huh?

But, really, us doctors do not even pay attention to that sort of stuff. I bet he is really happy that he can come to your room and help you out. That is what us doctors do....help people who need it.

I have to wonder, in retrospect, if your eye problem wasn't due to your tumor....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know.

It could have been thats what he is going to try to find out

At the point it probably doesn't matter as long as you are not having double vision. But, I agree, he wants to see how things are working since your surgery and the removal of the tumor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah its going to be weird. oh well i am going home for the weekend of may 11 and heading up your way to phelphs to are cabin so cant wait till then

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will let you know how things go

You will be just a stone throw from me :)

I'm sure it will be nice to get away for a bit...

Let me know what the eye doc has to say.

ttyl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure whats going on yet but i have a quick question. When you dialate eyes can you see the brain?

The eye doctor said that there could be something putting pressure on my optic nerve. which sucks so they are looking again in a little bit.

That is a very good question. And, no, you can't see the brain.

But, what you can see is the retina and retina is brain-like tissue.

This is part of what I can see when I look inside the eye. This picture shows the posterior pole of the retina, which can be thought of as the important middle part. With that bright light that I mount on my head, I can also see all the way to the edges...which is hard to photograph :)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mas tereyeassociates.com/Portals/60407/images/retina%2520normal%2520master%2520eye%2520associates%2520eye%2520care-resized-600.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mastereyeassociates.com/eye-diseases-treatments/macular-hole/&h=442&w=600&sz=698&tbnid=nZ24_LDXOaytGM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=125&zoom=1&usg=___Hlc7vf3IKh6VaBrTtVec8sdgog=&docid=09YoIAlC5HcXwM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=RnN1UYPgJILoqgHXjICYAw&ved=0CFMQ9QEwCg&dur=6532

Sorry to hear about that, but I'm glad he was able to notice it. What he saw is probably something called papilledema. It could be from the drainage channels inside your head getting a bit plugged up from your surgery. This causes the optic nerve to swell up but it will return to normal once the pressure is removed.

That can be fixed ;)

What did he say about your eye alignment from your eye surgery?

Remember when that was your biggest worry?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how would they fix that? and dont even say surgery.

He said that the alliment looks really really good. He is going to do another exam in october to check again just because everything that is going on. which the depressing part is that i will probable still be here. Yes i remeber when that was my biggest problem

Ok. I won't say surgery......

sometimes they can give you medication to decrease the production of CSF (the juice that bathes your brain and spinal cord)

But, if that doesn't work....

Glad to hear that your eyes are pointing in the right direction and doing it together.

And you are going to have to go to his office since you will NOT still be in the hospital....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if it doesnt work then it will be surgery?

I hope your right

I'm, of course, just guessing about what the ophthalmologist meant when he talked about your optic nerve.

And neurosurgeons know more about how to fix high pressure in the brain the I'll ever figure out.

But placing a shunt to drain the excess fluid is one of the options.

I would think that if you needed a shunt that you would at least get frequent flyer miles and an upgrade to first class ;)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

alright thanks.

and one scan of my brain came back ok the other may of something but may be not

If the scan came back OK there must not be much of a blockage raising the pressure.

It is possible that your CSF pressure was up before, or shortly after your surgery, and the changes in the optic nerve are from past problems that have now resolved. The swelling in the nerve can take time (how long? It varies; can be weeks or so) to resolve..

That would be a good thing....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

k. doesnt matteer how long not like i am doing anything

You have an excellent point there....

Have a good evening and keep me informed on how your doing....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

k you have a good evening to

Will do. Thx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just found out because I cant do chemo or radiation right now. I am going to stay at my aunts house who works at childrens hospitals. And just go to the hospitail every day all day.

Well, that will be a heck of a lot nicer then being in the hospital.

Your Aunt is going to have to make sure she has working WiFi :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it will

and she does

Good deal. Have a good evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was told to day that they are going to do the surgery again in a few weeks because there is a littke tumor showed up but they thinnk that they just didnt get it all

I hope they give you a discount....no fair charging you twice :(

Is it in the same place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is in the same place

Since you are at a different hospital, does that mean you are going to have a new neurosurgeon?

Do you like her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes they are

Yeah he is really nice and very cute

Cute neurosurgeons are a good thing. :)

Don't want some ugly dude mucking around inside your skull, eh?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no not at all.

but now no doing anything fun for me this summer. cant swim, they really dont want me biking they may loose that battle, no any thing

Exactly. Gotta enjoy yourself some. Just be careful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yup.

No idea when there actually doing this whole thing though

So. What are you doing now a days? Just sitting around with no white count?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats about it.

I am bored each and every day. the only reason i had to go to the hospital prior to finding out about this tumor. is because cause they didnt want me to stay home alone. so i went and sat on the onocolgy floor

well, I can understand them not wanting you to be home alone.....

Too bad your brothers or some other family member can't come and hang around with you....or maybe Brad Pitt. :)

Or would you rather have Justin Beiber?????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No luke bryan.

Someone from my family does every once in a while. But my brothers are based in different states. but they come when they can

Ok. I just went to his wikipedia page.

He is not ugly...... :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no he is not

Wonder if he is anywhere near Southern Wisconsin on tour or anything like that......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He may be going to country usa this summer because someone had to cancel

well there you have it. You need to get tickets....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes i do

Sounds like a plan then....

When are you going to start staying at your Aunt's place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tonight. which i am so happy i get out of this place.

That sounds great.

You will probably feel weird sleeping in a bed that is not controlled by a computer and can contort itself into a pretzel ;)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know right.

this is the first time my cousins will see me its going be interesting

How old are they?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there 14, 18 and 19. there old enough to understand but its just going to be wierd

Ya, I can understand how it will be weird.

But not as bad if they were 8 or so...

And it will be nice for you to get out of that hospital, even if it is only for overnight.

One of the trucking companies that moves product from the plant my wife works at is going to give us two tickets to see the new Iron Man premiere in Milwaukee, along with a party, door prizes etc and put us up in a hotel room at no cost to us next Thursday, May 2nd.

Aren't you in Milwaukee? This may sound weird, but I bet my wife could get you a ticket to the get together and screening if you wanted......

I don't know if this is anywhere near you or not:

Con-way Freight has an exciting event coming up - and I'd like to invite you and your family to join us! We will be screening Iron Man 3 in 3D before anyone else on Thursday, May 2nd at 8:00 pm. Festivities will begin at 7:30 pm.

This event will take place at:

AMC Mayfair Mall 18
2500 N MAYFAIR RD STE M186, WAUWATOSA, WI 53226
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats like 4 mins from me. can i let you know a liitle later like 630ish

I'm glad it is so close to you :)

My wife said she should be able to get you as many tickets as you want. :)

Let me know when you can...no huge hurry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok

Sounds good.
My wife talked to the trucking company and she can get you two tickets if you want.

Have a good afternoon and I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I forgot that this is the weekend I am having friend up to see me, so that won't work sorry.

This is for Thursday May 2nd.

We also might be able to get more then 2 tickets if you friends wanted to go.

But if it won't work for you that's OK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know they are coming up that night not sure what time though

Ok.

Well, the two tickets are there and available at any time so no need to make a decision on those.

If your friends were going to be in town in time for the movie and wanted to go, and you needed more than two tickets, we would have to ask for extras sooner rather then later. While I think my wife could get more than two tickets for you I am not 100% sure...but, hey, it never hurts to ask. :)

So. Why don't you take you time thinking about things, see how your friends schedule is coming along and we'll just touch base on this topic later in the week when you know more. There is no rush at all.

Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sounds good

Yup :-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its not going to work out because they will be down around 830 sorry

Sami,

That's OK. I'm glad your friends are coming up to visit.

How's things going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

good.still really bored all the time

I am glad to hear that you are feeling good enough to be bored. :)

On those tickets, I will not be leaving town until around noon on Thursday ( I have a full clinic Thursday AM and really couldn't cancel all my patients.....)so if you want to make your friends wait a few hours while you enjoy a movie, let me know. It is totally up to you :)

When do the surgeons want to go back and play around inside your skull again?

I hope the time at your Aunts house is helping to keep you sane ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is kind of.

Next wednesday or thursday if i dont run away first

Sami,

I can understand how you would want to run....Let me know when you are going to make a break for it and I'll bring 'ya over some new running shoes ;)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am just pissed be cause now i cant go up north that following weekend

What do they say the risks are if you put off the surgery until after you come back from up North?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing really. may get a little bigger.

A little bigger is not good, of course, but maybe you should sit the surgeon down and say, "Hey, I want to go up North. This will mean putting off the surgery "X" days. The trip will make me happy. What is the medical/tumor/long term prognosis change for me to wait until I get back to let you cut on my head again?"

Then. Listen closely to what the surgeon says, and YOU decide when you want the surgery.

Your mom is probably gonna kill me for saying this, eh?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no. she knows i want to put it off

there pissed at me right now

Simi,

Well, then. You should consider getting as many facts as you can concerning doing the surgery when it is scheduled verses putting it off until you come back. Discuss these facts, your feelings and your desires with those you love and who are close to you then....do what you think is best for you.

With the facts in hand and the support of those dearest to you it will be impossible for you to make a "wrong" decision.
Don't you love autocorrect?

Hopefully it will stop changing your name now :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i know i have to.

i dont care about my name no one spells it right any way

Why not? Sami is not really all that hard to spell. lol!

My oldest Daughter is Samatha and goes by Sam.

I can't imagine how hard this whole this has been, and will continue to be, on you. So. If there is anything I can do to help, just ask...even though I'm just some eye doc on the computer.

Hey. Maybe you will have some horrible retina problem and then I can actually be useful! LOL!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it's not hard to spell but it is always spelt sammi, sammy, sammie

will do but i better not have any more problems

Ok. Well, I guess I am OK with you not having a horrible retina problem just so I can feel more useful ;-)

Have a good day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have fun tomorrow. and surgery stands they wont move it

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow but I won't tell you anything about the show so you can see it after surgery.

Too bad that they won't move it, but I'm sure they have good reasons....

I'll have my laptop with me and, while I won't be online much, let me know if you would like me to bring you anything at the hospital -- perhaps an oreo blizzard?

Take care and have a good night. :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i will be good

you have a good night to

Talk to you soon :)
Sami,

The movie was awesome! You have got to see it when you get a chance...

I hope your friends got into town OK through the nasty thunderstorms and you are enjoying a relaxed, fun filled evening.

Have a great weekend and try not to get into too much trouble :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Glad it was fun. my friends ended up not coming up this weekend

Ahhhh......sh*t.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

How are you doing otherwise? Are you feeling any better?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it ok.

and yeah I am fine

So. As you think about the upcoming week, what would be the number one thing you would like to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know

Well...think of something ;)

Wanna go see the movie this afternoon or early evening and maybe get a good meal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

today wont work because my friend is home from the navey for a few days. and may come down to "surprise me" even though I found out.

Ok. That sounds like fun.

My wife and would enjoy getting you away from it all for a few hours if such a thing would work into you schedule, but I can understand how a hot stud of a US Sailor would be better then hanging out with a old retina surgeon and some Grandma lol!

If things change we're only 3 1/2 hours North of you ;)
Typos :(

"my wife and I...."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its fine.

ok

Have a good weekend and give that sailor a big, wet kiss.

I'm signing off for a bit so do your best to stay out of trouble :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

surgery tomorrow

Sami,

I will be thinking positive thoughts for you all day long :)

I also know you will be out of it for a few days afterwords. I look forward to you getting back online.

Please ask your brother to drop me a note when you are out of recovery so I can know how you are doing.

Who's all going to be in town with you tomorrow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my mom and my brothers and I am he will drop u a note

Ok. I'll look forward to hearing from you after you brain is done being upset about someone mucking around with it again. :)

I wish you the very best. Try to have happy dreams tonight.

By the way, I hope you didn't hurt the Sailor boy the other night ;)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I will be fine.

No he is a tuff guy

Ryan and Mason and Trenton (my brothers) will send you a message later.

I'll talk to you again soon. Take care. :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

She is doing alright

Is she out of surgery?

Do you know how the surgeon tells tumor from normal brain during the operation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah it was really early this morning

and no clue

Ok. I hope she doesn't have seizure issues again post op.

I'll ask a neurosurgeon friend of mine; seems like an important thing to be able to do, eh?

Thanks for letting me know how she is doing. Work around all the tubes and give her a hug for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

She probably will

ok

will do

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

di you talk to your frind?

No. I didn't get a chance.

But I will try and give him a call tomorrow.

Is there anything you would like me to ask him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No just kind of curios on hoe they tell the difference

Me too :)

I'll find out and let you know.

How is Sami Doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pretty good but just laying there

Laying there is better then seizing like she did last time....

And having someone muck around inside your head is no fun at all.

I hope they feel that all the tumor was removed.

Do you know what the tissue types and grading for each tissue type is for Sami's tumor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They think they got it all

Not sure

Awesome :)

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys, any information you want me to get etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

she is still doing good

Thanks for the update.

I've not yet been able to talk to my neurosurgeon friend about how he can tell cancer from normal brain tissue during surgery....but I will find out and let you know :)

Please give my best to Sami.

Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got some bad news regarding sami she siezed so long that without a dought she will have brain damage

shit.

Let me know how things go and when she wakes up. I will send tons of positive thoughts her way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will do

thanks......
How's Sami doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Better still sleeping

Glad to hear that she is better. Give her a hug for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K. She is a trooper
Thanks.....Have a good evening.
How's Sami doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still doing pretty \good still out of it though

I like the "still doing pretty good" part.....

When will they have an idea of how much damage was done, if any, by the extended seizure and second surgery?

Give her a hug for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure

ok....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it can be any time now because i guess she woke up at 10. and she had to wake up before that. i am based in texas right now. i will have our little brother trenton talk to u. he is 15 so he will answer the best he can

I have family in San Marcos, Tx and will be driving down there in the beginning of June....it sure is a small world, eh?

I am sure Trenton will be able to pass along information just fine....heck, a 15 year old is probably better with computers then we are :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. they say there shouldnt be must damge at all. it looked worse before.
That is excellent news! I hope she wake up soon so we will know.....

Have a good weekend and let me know how Sami does.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is awake just not able to do anything
She can't talk or move at all?

What are the doctors saying?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She can move but chooses not to. cant talk.

the doctors are going to give it a few days because she just woke up.
Let Sami know that Dr. Rick is sending positive thoughts her way and she needs to get better :)

Have a good weekend and let me know how she does.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright will do
Thanks :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You should have saw the smile on her face when i said your name
That puts a smile on my face :)

Tell her to hurry up and get better....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
shes talking to me only but she can talk
so, you mean she can form words but they don't make sense?

Does she seem to understand you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can make out certain words but for the most part she mummbles.

she understands simple instruction when she wants to
I hope things get better. Please tell her Dr Rick is rooting for her :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alright thanks for the support
My pleasure...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sami is doing really good. she can also talk so you can undeerstand her.
Glad to hear it! She is a real fighter....

Give her my best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sami has given up for good. She won't be able to walk for a while so she said she is done fighting
I can understand how she feels.

But, tell her we will do the fighting and she can just do the getting better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi this is sami the healing process went a little better then last time

Hi Sami,

It is VERY good to hear from you :)

You had all of a scared a bit, 'ya know :)

How are you feeling? What can we do to help?

I look forward to chatting with you more.

Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah I know.

im fine

nothing you can do just bored

Video games are a great cure for being bored :)

Keep in touch, OK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah I will

Ok.

Talk to you later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still doing ok I guess

Did the doctors tell you how the surgery went?

What is the treatment plan now?

Has your paralysis and other symptoms resolved?

Is there anything I can do for you?

:)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they said it went good.

Treatment plan is just radiation

Yes they are

no I am good thanks though

That is all positive news.

Let me hear how you are doing, K?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

im fine my head just hurts

Well, I guess after all that your head has been through lately it is allowed to hurt a bit.

Hopefully the doc's are giving you stuff for the pain.

When does radiation start?

Are the doc's giving you any idea of what they expect in the future as far as a cure etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They aren't giving me much because I cant handle much.

starts Monday

no. my eye doctor is coming in a little bit to talk to them. for what ever reason

Ok. Well, let me know what they say.

Hang in there :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not sure of the plan. because my vision is really blurred and stuff

Hmmmmm. I wonder what is up with your vision.

let me know what the eye doc has to say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there not sure whats going on

Well....let me know what the say

Have a good night :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is am uncommon side effect

Sami,

Well, I guess time will have to fix the vision thing then....

Do you have anything "fun" planned? I think you deserve some at this point, eh?

Do you get any chance to get out of the hospital, stay at your Aunt's etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not anything yet.

I am actually at my house in green bay for the weekend. watching a pit bull.

There pretty sure it will go away although wise it requires more surgery

That is more fun then being in the hospital :)

My pit bull cross weighs 93 lbs and is afraid of thunder....

Have a good weekend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this one is like 60ish pounds and hates rthe other dogs but loves my cat.

you have a good weekend to

Ya...mine gets along better with cats too :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am starting to stay at my ants now, well actually a hotel with my cousin

Sami,

That's great. I bet the hotel beats the hell out of the hospital.

Tomorrow I am starting a 1,800 mile drive to Texas to attend my oldest son's graduation from HS. I am going to bring my laptop along but I won't be online much.....

I will try to check my JA notes as often as possible.

Take care and do your best to stay out of trouble :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it does

ok. by brother lives there

Sami,

Sounds good.

My wife and I are going to sit down and watch Sunday's episode of Game of Thrones, which we missed last night....And, Yes. I'll admit it -- I'm a Science Fiction and Game of Thrones Junkie :)

Have a good nights rest. Don't let the dogs git 'cha down ;)

Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Back in the hospitial my vision isnt getting better

That sucks. :(

Are you having double vision like before, so that you can cover one eye and get along, or is your vision poor in both eyes?

Do you have to stay in the hospital full time or can you leave at night?

I'm on my way to Texas to go to my oldest son's HS graduation. I'm in Oklahoma right now. It's hot down here for a fat, old Packer Fan lol!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

bad in both eyes

have to stay full time for a couple weeks

That sucks :(

I hope you can at least see well enough to read and do the things you need to do.

I'm heading south and should be in Texas in a few hours. I should be online again tonight. Let me know how you are doing.

Have a good day and, as always, don't let the dogs git 'cha down :)

Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Bored and wanted to let you now every thing is going good

Sami,

It is good to hear from you :)

And I'm glad that you are feeling good enough to be bored.....

Do you get to leave the hospital at all at this point?

Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I am still here.

When I was home I may have gotten into a little bit of legal trouble. so now I have to stay in the hospital

Sami,

I hope you had fun getting into "a little bit of legal trouble" lol!

What did you do?

I didn't know being in the hospital keeps you safe from the cops -- I'm gonna hafta remember that next time I have the need ;)

It is good to hear from you.

Don't let the dogs git 'cha down, or the cops haul you away....

Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have three counts of obstruction of justice. My friends decided to rob a pharmacy and they told the police I was the missing person. But I dint know the other once got caught so I gave them a bunch of fake names.

Oops.....

Well, good for you for sticking up for your friends, even if they were stupid enough to rob a pharmacy.....

But, I don't think the DA is going to forget about the charges and let you hid in the hospital forever.

I would think, however, that any good lawyer could make sure you don't go to jail and, most likely, can get you off.

Ain't life grand lol!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will probably end up getting probation

Life is great

Sami,

Glad you are still feeling that way after all the crud you have been, and still are, going through :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good news out of the hospital

Sami,

I was just thinking about you today :)

My oldest son has decided to spend some time with his dad before running off to college this fall so I've been away from my computer and my office -- much to the dismay of my new, young and now overworked partner :) Perhaps I'll have to give him a bonus at the end of the year.

So. Out of the hospital. That is fantastic news!

What is the plan now?

How are you feeling?

Hopefully your hair is growing back ;)

Don't be a stranger...let me know how you are doing and what, if anything, I can do to make your life easier.

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have any plans, I am feeling fine. My hair is not growing back yet
Sami,

I finally arrived home and found my computer dead from a lightning strike. :(

But after doing some system and hard drive repairs I'm back up and running....

Not having any plans is a good thing. Hopefully your hair will grow back soon and you can get back to doing more fun stuff, like breaking young men's hearts and go to some Packer games ;-)

Don't be a stranger...

Dr Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wont be

just spent a couple days in jail apparently I forgot to pay a speeding ticket

That sucks!

What about the thing with your friends robbing the pharmacy?

It also sucks that the DA would put you in jail after all you have been through recently.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one had a jury trail today don't know what happen yet. the other one is having a jury trail soon I think.

They have three years to charge me with the obstruction

I'd not worry about it then.....it seems if they were going to charge you they would do it before your friends trial.

I hope you are feeling better and all the nasty cancer cells have been banished from your body forever... :)

Now. Go out and have fun, break some male hearts....and try to stay out of jail, OK? OK.

:-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They r doing them first. Yeah everything is fine. I will try to stay out of jail
:)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

found out the whole cause of the blurry vision. I have a small tumor in my eye. the don't believe it to be cancerous though

Sami,

That is good news.....and bad.

What is their plan? Do you know where on your retina the tumor is?

Eye tumors is something that I treat as a retina doc.

Let me know what they find out and, if you would like, I can hook you up with some fantastic retina docs who specialize in tumors/growths of the eye.

How are you doing otherwise? Staying out of jail, eh? lol!

Dr Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there going to remove soon don't know exactly when. I don't remember where it is.

Otherwise I am fine. I am staying out of jail for now.

Sounds good :)

Let me know what is going on in your eye when you know more....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

choroidal nevus is what the tumor is but its in my eye

Sami,

Whew! That is excellent news.

A choroidal nevi is like a birth mark....nothing to worry about at all.

All you do is take a picture and check it every once in a while just in case it (rarely) wants to morph into a melanoma.

Here is a good article on this:

http://www.retinavitreous.com/diseases/nevus.html

So. What is the take home message? You don't have to worry about this finding. I see thousands of these in my practice every year and I bet I've not treated over a dozen choroidal melanomas in the last two decades.

Stay happy :)

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that is good

Ya, it sure is....and you deserve good news now and again ;-)

Keep in touch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can the brain sugrery's affectthe amount of white eye drainage ?

No. It should not affect your eye drainage at all.

What's up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just noticed I have been getting more of it

Are you saying that the white part of your eye seems swollen or thicker, but it does not look red, infected and there is no pain?

Is this happening in both eyes?

Do you have swelling anywhere else or any changes in the color of your skin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It looks thicker it is a little red but ever since the eye surgery back in last year my eyes are always a little reder. No pain. Happening just in left eye. no

Ok. It might be a slight allergic reaction or something. From what you have posted, I don't think it is anything to worry about.

You might try to use some artificial tears to soothe your eye and maybe a cold compress and see how things go.

But, it is not from your brain surgery.

How are you doing otherwise? Are you out breaking guys hearts again? ;)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i'm fine

no not breaking any guys heart

Sami,

Glad you are doing well.

Now. Get out there and break some heart, Girl! :)

Don't be a stranger.....

Dr.Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey just wanted to tell you things are still going good from the medical point. Got in some legal trouble but other than that things are good. I have an appointment next Monday for my eyes than that should be all till next year
Sami,

Wow! A blast from the past....Great to hear from you :)

I am so glad to hear that things are going good from a medical point of view....you had me worried for a bit there, 'ya know.

What is gonna happen with the legal stuff? I can't imagine that they want to put you in jail -- then they would be responsible for all your medical costs ;)

So. Now that you are feeling better, and are not (yet) in jail, go out and find some hot young Studmuffen's heart to break........

Keep in touch,

Dr.Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't mean to worry you every thing is good but no guy yet.

Umm I am charged in brown county with 3 counts of obstruction and in door county with 5 counts. I just got word from my lawyer that they are both prosucting the cases. So I don't know what will happen yet
What a bunch of asshole DA's. Don't they have anything better to do then hassle someone who is going through as much as you are?

So. You obstructed them a bit? Every single politician does this on a daily basis..... ;) Big deal. Get over it already....

Well, get off your duff and go hunting. You are only looking to use them, abuse them and then loose them.....Write up a sign for your door:

Wanted. Boy toy/bed warmer. Apply within.

:)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are a bunch of assholes my friend was prosecuted by the same Ada as I will be so we will see how this goes over. In brown county.

I will get right on making that sighn

Maybe the ADA will get hit by a bus soon...

Have fun with that sign...and the boytoys!
Don't be a stranger, OK?

Drop me a note in a week or so and let me hear how the hunting is going ;)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K. If I am not in jail. Just kidding nothing started yet
lol!

Your hair should have grown back pretty good by now so it will be just that much easier to lure some poor, unsuspecting, hunk of a man into your lair.....

Have you seen the new Eric from True Blood Magnet?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALEXANDER-SKARSGARD-FRIDGE-MAGNET-TRUE-BLOOD-SEXY-HUNKS-A001-/360577754053

When my wife showed it to me I said:

"Hey! They pasted some guys face onto a picture of me from that Freshman Fraternity swimming pool party....

She just laughed at me :(

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So my eye appointment went well nothing to worry about there

Sami,

Glad to hear it. Now just tell me that the beast in your brain is tamed and all will be right with the world again.....

My snowmobile is ready...all I need is snow and it looks like were gonna get a flurry or two on Saturday :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It should be but not 100% sure.

I am ready to go snowmobling to but we don't get snow tell Tuesday.

I'd be happy with 99% sure :)

You'll have to come up North.....it doesn't snow much down in the "banana belt" as your part of the state is know to us Northwoods folks ;-)

Anyway, time for me to hit the sack and review the files for tomorrow. I've got 4 surgeries tomorrow, starting at 6:30am :(

I'm gonna hafta retire soon -- I'm gittin too old to work this hard :)

Take care and stay in touch.

Dr.Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so I just found out I have court for door county sometime in November

What do they want to do to you?

Put you in jail and pay all your medical bills? ;)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not sure I guess. I know at some point I need to do a psychological type test

What a pain in the ass.

Too bad your attorney can't get the DA to drop the whole thing.

Oh well, let me know if they lock you up and I'll bake a file into a cake for you. :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what everyone says
Great minds think alike ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the court wants me to do a psychological test. just wondering if you know what is going to happen

Sami,

They will probably find some psychologist to interview you and give you some of the standardized tests such as the MMPI etc.

It will be boring

Just bring something that you like to drink, maybe a book in case you are left sitting around, smile and be nice.

Anything they find isn't going to be worth much as any good lawyer can say your chemotherapy, seizures and multiple near death experience make the tests a worthless indicator of your state of mind at the time of your earth-shattering crimes.

They should find someone else to pick on :)

Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thank you

Let me know what happens.

Have a good weekend :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so the court cant decide what they want me to do. Because now next week I have to go to mayo clinic in Minnesota to have a complete physical done. and it will take two to three days. I don't know what they have to do that will take that long but will be interesting.

Sami,

You should tell the court to go ahead and put you in jail...that way they can pay all your expenses to travel to Mayo, stay in a hotel, your meds etc......stupid jerks :)

I hope you are feeling well and have your sights on at least a few young studs who's hearts you plan to break ;)

Let me know what the folks at Mayo find out.

Have a great weekend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They did like five million test for everything I had since I was a baby pretty much everything came back fine there.

I have a couple bumps in my left ear that they don't know exactly whats going on with that.

they did part of a pys. evolution they want me to do a neurological evaluation here in green bay.

Sami,

Sounds like you were poked and prodded until you didn't know if you were coming or going....

I'm glad, however, to hear that all checks out OK and you don't really need two ears anyway lol!

Hope life is treating you well and the DA is leaving you alone....at least for now.

Have a great holiday season and try to stay out of jail ;)

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You have a good holiday season to. I will try to stay out of jail.

sounds like a great plan :)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

just an update they are not putting me in jail right now. I got 18 months probation so that isn't to bad

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 11 months ago.
Sami,

That is great news....

But what the heck am I going to do with these White Frosting covered Angel cake with the files baked in it?

How's everything else going? Break any young men's hearts lately?

Take care.

Dr. Rick :)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

you can still send I may still need them if I screw up.

Everything else is good I guess, no guys don't like woman with really thin short hair

Sami,

You are not going to screw up.. it is not allowed. :)

But, I'll keep the cake handy just in case.

I'm glad everything else is going well.

And try wearing a cute hat when you go out hunting.....

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok I will give that a try

Sounds like a great plan.

Keep in touch.....
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Just thought I would let you know I got a boyfriend now, I grew up with him. So we known each other for a while.

He is one of the people I got in trouble with so we figured we will it together.

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 10 months ago.
LOL! Sounds like a perfect match :)

Have a great time together.....and let me know how you are doing now and again.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

have to have that stupid eye surgery again

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My tumor came back too
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 8 months ago.
Shit.

What is the plan concerning that damn tumor at this point?

How are you feeling?

Is the tumor causing any symptoms?

Hang in there....I'm rooting for 'ya.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I am not sure what the plan is.

I am feeling fine. the only reason they found it is because I blacked out at work well standing on a shelf and went to the hospital.

other then blacking out no symptoms

thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

not in the hospital yet though

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 7 months ago.
Well, it is a good think that they caught it early. I wonder what caused you to black out?

At least you blacked out at work....now maybe you can send the entire bill to workman's comp! ;)

Keep me informed, k?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I will

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

they want to do chemo and radiation. but I wont let them because of how sick I got last time.

Sami,

I don't blame you at all. Afterall, it is your brain :)

Is there another therapy, like letting them do surgery again, that could work?

Talk to you soon...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

yeah that was an option but that didn't go so great last time either

no...it sure didn't. :(

Well, whatever you decide to do will be just fine.

Let me know what I can do to help.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

you cant really do anything. thanks though

I am tempted to do nothing and just by my time

There is nothing wrong with just going with what time you have.....It is completely up to you.

Very scary choices....but what else can you do?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Nothing finally have my hair back. I am scared to do that because I am only 23, but don't want to get sick again?

and what if it comes back again and again?

Sami,

There is no way to know if it will come back again and again.

However, as you already said, you are only 23...and if you do nothing I would guess that would mean the cancer would grow until it kills you...which sucks, to say the least....

So. I guess that this is what they mean when they say "you are between a rock and a hard place". Every choice has its downside and no answer is right and no answer is wrong...each path has its own bad and good side.

I do not know what I would do if I were in your shoes....

All you can do is get the best information available from your doctors, discuss the options with your family and loved ones and choose which path you are going to take.....

Don't be a stranger. I'm here for anything even if you just wanna bounce things off some dude on the internet ;)

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I've decided to go with the time I have. which not sure how long that exactly is they said its very very small right now